Which wood to use for babies rattle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonzjob":2zr8rtl4 said:
I used a 5/8" turned ash ball that I had as a spare after doing my 'lazy susan'. I turned 37 and only needed 36 for it :shock: The top is glued onto a spigot on the handle using a weather proof PVA and it makes a lovely, soft rattle. They are both about 4" long. I got the idea from another thread on here, can't remember the name though. It's me age :oops:

I'm not sure where it was, but I have just read a thread on an Anglo/French forum I'm on and someone was on about worktops for a rented house. They asked the question of some professional/council set up as to what they should use for the worktops in the kitchen and they were told not to use wood!

Wood is probably the best anti-bacterial material you can get and these clowns are advising against it!

Thanks for that I will be giving the rattles a go. They do look good.

As for the council officials, was this French council officials? if they were then well what do you expect from the french :twisted: if it wasn't then it could be that the council officials were french descendants in which case, what do you expect (hammer)

Seriously though, If I wasn't using wood and I mean wood, not "man-made wood" then I would use slate with plenty of wood boards for cutting and chopping.

Back