Which wheeled base for new Bandsaw - Laguna 14BX

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just ordered a Laguna 14BX with a nice Black Friday discount- it was between this and the Axminster AP3327B - I don't have 16A sockets, I liked the footbrake and the more powerful motor so went with the Laguna.

Any advice on what mobile base would be best? There's the Laguna 3 wheeled one or the Axminster heavy duty one, any others? Wondering which is most manoeuvrable and more importantly more stable. Cheers
Dave
I always recommend just buying a sack trolley. I move my Startrite 352 with it quite easily and suspect your machine is no heavier. Could be wrong.
It means you put it down on its own base rather than on wobbly wheels and you can move other stuff with the trolley.

Are we going to see some more tools launched early next year @Nick Laguna UK ?
Hi @BucksDad Unfortunately nothing new from us early next year - we will just keep concentrating on what we have.
I'm all for new machines too and we have have a few planned, but the way it's looking realistically is maybe later next year at earliest. There's still a lot of things to sort with factories/pricing/supply so is what it is at the moment.
Cheers, Nick

I always recommend just buying a sack trolley. I move my Startrite 352 with it quite easily and suspect your machine is no heavier. Could be wrong.
It means you put it down on its own base rather than on wobbly wheels and you can move other stuff with the trolley.
Thanks Jacob, I did use a sack trolley to get it down the drive and into the worksop. I ended up getting the laguna wheel base and i have to say it is very stable. In fact, on my uneven workshop floor it's more stable on the wheelbase than on the its' own base.

Hi @BucksDad Unfortunately nothing new from us early next year - we will just keep concentrating on what we have.
I'm all for new machines too and we have have a few planned, but the way it's looking realistically is maybe later next year at earliest. There's still a lot of things to sort with factories/pricing/supply so is what it is at the moment.
Cheers, Nick
@Nick Laguna UK Would love to see a Planer/thicknesser from you, especially one that has a big motor, good build, but still runs on 13amp plug. That's one of the reasons i went for the 14BX, big motor, plenty of power and the build quality seems really good. I've only done a few cuts so far but I'm very pleased with it. The finish with a Tuffsaw Fastcut 3/4" is very impressive.

Only issue i had was the fence wasn't square to the table, it was slightly out. I don't think the manual mentioned it but I adjusted one of the grub screws on the back on the fence attachment and that sorted it.

Back