Which table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Table Saw?

• Record Power TSPP250 (very big)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SIP Cast iron (very big)

• Scheppach TS2000

• Elektra Beckum PK200

• Kity 419

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Midnight":3uo5hhz1 said:
No Neil... depends on whether the batsman is left or right handed......
Also whether you're standing in front of or behind the stumps. To the wicketkeeper a right hander's off stump is on the right...

Newbie_Neil":3uo5hhz1 said:
Am I correct in thinking that it doesn't matter whether the bowler bowls from the right or left of the stick thingies?
In general terms, no, it doesn't matter. The umpire has to be told (often so he can get out of the way if it's a spinner) and he'll announce the change, which can happen at any time during the over - it doesn't have to be right from the start. Technically it can make all the difference; altering the angle the ball so it comes into a left-hander for instance, taking it away from a right-hander, utilising the rough for a spinner and so forth. A good bowler who can switch between over and round the wicket without his radar going all cock-eyed and spraying deliveries all over the place is worth his weight in gold.

Adam":3uo5hhz1 said:
It's not for watching Neil! It's what old people use to speed them off to the land of nod after lunch.
:roll: If you don't get the subtle nuances it can seem like that I suppose. It's a bit like modern art; if you don't know what you're looking at it can get a bit "what's the point?" very quickly.

Are we sufficiently off-topic now? An 8 page thread all on-topic was worrying me... :roll: :lol: Edit: Sorry, 9 page thread...

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

I can play (so can follow a match), indeed as a teenager I went on a weeks training "camp". It just seems to have fallen by the wayside for me. These days, like I said, it just sends me to sleep.

Adam

Alf":24mgmpcq said:
In general terms, no, it doesn't matter.

Ah, my view on cricket, couldn't agree more with you. And that's why the Irish cricket team have got to where they are.

Noel

:shock:

Thanks for the encouragement Midnight...I think i'll probably go for one from Woodfords now :roll: but i there website isn't working so i can't look at them :evil: :cry:

As for the cricket, it makes me fall asleep also :wink: although for some strange reason, snooker doesn't :shock: :oops:

Ta, Tom

thomaskennedy":14s2tosg said:
As for the cricket, it makes me fall asleep also :wink: although for some strange reason, snooker doesn't :shock: :oops:

Ta, Tom

Tom I'm not sure that this is normal as the only reason both exist is to help with insomnia :wink:

Like Football, although that's risky as it's far more likely to result in coma or death from boredom rather than mere unconsciousness. :lol:

V.

I think i'll probably go for one from Woodfords now

Tom... best warn ya from the start.. I got the auld fart cap on.. but please... read on...

this thread's seen plenty arguments for / against and a bunch more besides... I'm not gonna re-hash that...
As I hinted in my last post, advise is easy.. bottom line is it's YOUR cash...YOUR decision... that's all that matters...

I'm content to caution you to surf the enclosed link, check out as many of the PDF's as you can, the more the better, especially WS 15 and 16. Read them, understand them, and bear in mind the advise there is based on keeping you both safe AND productive... heed it well...

this auld fart will now resume his normal broadcast...

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/woodindx.htm

Thanks for all the help everyone...so after a poll....and 9 pages of replies i think i have come to a decision :shock: :shock: :shock: ....i did say think :p :wink:

I will be seriously looking into the woodfords stuff from now on...it looks like good gear...shame about the one at around £700 being 3 phase though :(

Just typical though...when i want to look at the machines...the bloody site is broken :x :evil: :twisted: so i can only go from memory at the moment :( :evil:

Thanks for the link Midnight :wink:

Thanks again for all the help....tis appreciated....

Ta

Tom

BTW i was the 10 000 visitor to there homepage :D:D:D:D but i didnt win anything :( a bit mean i thought :p

*Edit: Oh yeah forgot to say... I am also looking into the Dewalt RAS as they take dados...routers and a bunch of other stuff but not 100% on that ;) maybe ill start a new thread...entitled......"Whcich RAS"
lol :wink: :roll: :lol:

Whcich RAS

do that an someone's gonna lash you to the business end of a duckin stool... an rightly so.... ;P~~~~

personally i jus wish I'd a fraction of the advise here before I bought my first saw... the pain I coulda saved myself..... sheesh....

Mike, I got some rope, Adam's got the stool, anybody got a spare scaffolding plank.............?

Noel

Hi,
I have watched this string with much interest as I have had the fox version of the TSPP250 (identical) for nearly a year and was quite happy until that damn yankee showed the "Dado" in operation. After much frustration I found the "Oldham Carbide Adjustable Dado Blade Short Arbor 16T" but have not had the bottle to try it. It will cut 3/16" to 9/16" wide wich means an extra pass, but... Could it be a solution?

Hi Trio,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I use a standard 8" dado set on my old Wadkin, I am not sure what an "Oldham Carbide Adjustable Dado Blade Short Arbor 16T" looks like. Any chance of you posting a link to one or a picture of yours?

Back