Which reasonable priced mitre saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Which mitre saw do people recommend preferable budget premium end of market?

Metabo? Sheppach? Hitachi?

what spec are you after - how wide & how deep a cut capacity, is a sliding mitre saw or a chop saw you are after
As a DIYer i got a dewalt DWS778 and very please with it - but has gone up in price a lot (in fact i paid around £380 (plus a stand which cam at an offer price from FFX) now just the saw is around the £500 mark
Mine is 240V
my Son in law , also a avid DIYer has a evolution which is also perfectly fine, came on a stand . very good value

I have Hikoki which is nice - fixed rails so space saving. However I wish I had got the equivalent Dewalt saw. Built-in shadow line would be perfect versus the Hikoki laser

yep, i love the shadow line and the compact rails so i use up against a wall on a stand - in the garage - its stored until i want to use it , then i just put on the dewalt stand up against a wall , and that means i can use the rest of the garage space with two saw horses (toughbuilt c700 ,also a brilliant product , i can put a sheet of material on its side , as they have some clip that pull out ) - to as a workshop
the shadow line i love and makes it very easy to know where to cut - as a DIYer any aid is useful, I know my son-in-law has to re align /check the laser a few times

Last edited:
Medium sized sliding up to 250mm

Yes the prices have rocketed since last year.

The 216mm DeWalt ys over £200 now.

Back