Which is the better bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i am interested in buying a bandsaw and its between a choice of 2 unless someone can recommend a different one. The models are

rexon BS3050AL
or
Perform CCBB

Both are about the same price and similiar specs. I would appreciate any advice please seeing as i am only a hobbyist and not interested in resawing timber at the moment.

Cheers Neil

I would say neither, you'll soon out-grow your requirements with a bandsaw. However, I would personally for the axminster brand due to their excellent service.

I have a Rexon the BS10SA.
Had it for about 5 years now and it's been great. :D
Even been cutting all my logs on it for last 10 months for me turnings,though i could do with a bigger machine now for this purpose :roll:
Paul.J.

Hi, thanks for the replys can you tell what width blade you would be able to fit to the rexon bandsaw has it doesn't sayon there website

Cheers Neil

I am also interested in the Perform model,it states it has a cutting depth of 160 mm surely it wont resaw at this depth.

Hi All,
I'm thinking of buying a Record bandsaw - the mid size one - any one any comments or experience of the Record machine?
Thanks for any help.
roger
PS - any reccomendations for a good place to purchase second hand machinery? I don't need big stuff, 240v, suitable for a small workshop where I can go and turn good timber into firewood. :)

ByronBlack":1rc2qon7 said:
I would say neither, you'll soon out-grow your requirements with a bandsaw.

Byron, I didn't think you owned a bandsaw?

I have owned a (modified) Charnwood 6" bandsaw for about 4 years and still have not 'grown out of it'. I regularlyy resaw wood as well as cutting curves etc. - not to mention Bean who also resaws his wood on it too :wink:

Tony, I had a 14" Jet which I had to sell - I would love to have on again, but wouldn't go for a smaller one as there seems to me always the need/want for something bigger/better

14" depth of cut?

I want one :D

'tis true that if I were to buy another, it would be the Axminster one Waka and Philly have with 12" cut. Havingsaid that, I can't see me buying one of those until i've published a few more magazine articles :lol:

Tony.. the cut was about 8-9" if I remember correctly, the 14" I think referred to the wheel size. Was a lovely machine though!

Tony, the 14" refers to the throat size or width of cut. I have the 16" Jet, which has a 10" depth of cut. To be honest, I couldn't imagine needing much more than that.

Back