Which hinge?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grit_monkey

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a rolling tool cabinet to take to site, to try cut the weight I'm making it from some 1/2" ply I have laying around. There will be two doors on the front which will be shelved/have small drawers in. The doors will end up being about 3" thick as you look at the cabinet from the outside, so it will be hinged about 3" down the side of the cabinet.
When fitted I only want to see the knuckle of the hinge so face mounting some butt hinges etc is out of the question.
Are there any cranked type hinges I can fit to the 1/2" ply to I can get the desired finish? I want to try to avoid gluing anything to the inside of the cabinet just to accommodate hinges. I'm not too bothered if I have to use bolts(I have used electrical backbox bolts in the past, just bought the nuts to suit) because they can be countersunk and virtually hidden on the outer face of the cabinet.

Cheers.

Have you thought about using a piano hinge, it should be ok for this although it wouldn't be cranked .My local diy place sells it in long lengths, hope this helps Bern :D

Latest posts

Back