which bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have a dewalt Bandsaw and I am sick of all the carry on changing the blades
I am thinking of getting a new one, I need to cut 8 - 10 ins
which should I go for , a record or a sip??

any advice from anyone??

thanks
Morris

Hi Morris,

I've got this one:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-AWEFSBB-Bandsaw-580417.htm

100137w_l.jpg

I'm very happy with it. I recon for power to size ratio it can't be beaten!!

Hope this helps,

Richard

I got fed up with changing bandsaw blades then someone recommended dragonsaws blades so I sent an email to Ian John who replied within hours, he asked me a few questions to see what I needed, the next day a new blade was delivered on a try before you buy basis :shock: the blades were more expensive at £25 each but last 10X longer than the blades I had been using which were £10 each, I think he also make them to your measurements.

drop this guy an email,

Ian John
E-mail Address
[email protected]

I echo the comments about Dragon saw blades, Ian is a real gent, gives the sort of service which is all too rare these days!
Steve
BTW delighted with my Record BS300 but don`t think it would stretch to 10".

I have this one
Pretty pleased with it, but then anything would be better than what I had before!

The only problems I have are :-
the bottom (only) dust extraction port doesn't appear to work particularly well,
dust falls out under the table,
the plastic guard over the bottom bearing needs the adjustment hole cutting further back (but this is easily fixed with a knife)

The storage space in the stand is useful but it would be better if the standard fence fit inside it.

Duncan

I have a Record BS250 which will cut 9 inches, and I'm pretty impressed with, but I do find myself wanting more depth of cut at times. Certainly one could always have more but many a time I've spent a good couple of hours attacking logs with either a hand power planer or a bow saw to get them small emough to fit under the guides.

My advice I think would be to go for the biggest cut you can get. I've never yet found myself wanting for width of cut and not needing great accuracy for lathe stuff.

Cheers,

Dod :D

Latest posts

Back