Which abrasive paper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just a simple question I am having problems finding some decent abrasive paper. I mainly work with pine not by choice i may add. Can anybody recommend a decent make and as to where i can buy it preferably on a roll. it will be just for hand sanding. The ones i have used just tend to get clogged very quickly then just slide over the timber.
Thanks in advance Phil.

Hi Phil

Pine can be terrible stuff for clogging up with resin and dust. Look for either stearated or open coat papers as they should work better. Personally I use a lot of Mirka stearated open coat, even on hardwoods, but any of the better quality makes such as Norton, Hermes, SIA (English Abrasives), Klingspor or 3M Scotch (to name some) should work as well.

As an aside might I recommend that you get hold of a copy of the CSM Just Abrasives catalogue? They do mail order in small quantities, sell "test packs" of mixed abrasives and their catalogue is packed with useful gen. on abrasives. No connection, just that they were very helpful many years back when I was starting up.

Scrit

Cheers Scrit i have sent for a catalogue, free delivery on all items thats a bonus.
Regards Phil.

Back