Where to get 0.2 or 0.5 micron filters from? For cyclone!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philb88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to build a cyclone system, can get the cyclone, the collection drum and the can get a higher power chip extractor for the motor and impellor/housing. But need to source a large cartridge style filter for the exhaust?

I've seen 5 micron ones for sale as upgrades to the 30 micron bags on normal chip extractors, but seen as this would be for fine dust as well as chips, I ideally would like 0.2 micron filtering or at least 0.5 micron. They seem to be available fairly readily over in States through companies like ClearVue, who have 0.5micron as standard and 0.2micron as HEPA filters but shipping and handling is ridiculous!!

Any ideas would be great!!
PHIL

Have a search for Donaldson torit. There used to be someone selling them on eBay.

Mark

Cheers Thanks for that!

Seems there are many options of different MERV ratings in cartridge filters, time for more research! Cheers

Also be aware that you need a filter that has enough surface area that it doesn't reduce the amount of air your extractor can move. You should usually be alright with most fine filters as they are pleated on the inside actually have a much larger surface area than you'd think looking at them.

If your ok with 1 micron which should be good for MDF dust I'm going to get one of these for my system:

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... sn/RPWCXFC

Chems":2tp2wjrz said:
Also be aware that you need a filter that has enough surface area that it doesn't reduce the amount of air your extractor can move. You should usually be alright with most fine filters as they are pleated on the inside actually have a much larger surface area than you'd think looking at them.

If your ok with 1 micron which should be good for MDF dust I'm going to get one of these for my system:

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... sn/RPWCXFC

Thanks for that, pretty good price for the size of the filter. Can find any actual details on it though, as I filtration efficency or MERV ratings etc.
Good price for replacing the 5/30 micron chip extractor bags

jaywhoopee":tw1gxgjp said:
I got some small pleated filters to upgrade my Microclene MC760 from Jasun Filtration.

They have a separate ecommerce site at http://www.jfilters.com

Hope this helps

John

Great site! Can I asked which filters you changed your Microclene ones too?
As the original filter material isn't really fine enough for the finer airborne dust and don't just want to have a dustpump on the roof!

Does anyone know how the ratings of EN 1822:2009 and EN 779 compare to the Americans grading and where there is any information of what particle size these European gradings are for!?

This is getting more complicated the more I'm looking!!

philb88":3kxrxj27 said:
As the original filter material isn't really fine enough for the finer airborne dust and don't just want to have a dustpump on the roof!

Searching for UP911212 or UPC911212 should get you to the ones I used for my MC760. I've sealed round the edges with duct tape to try to cut down on leaks.

There's more info on my blog here and here

Hope this helps

John

jaywhoopee":16ku9zhw said:
philb88":16ku9zhw said:

Searching for UP911212 or UPC911212 should get you to the ones I used for my MC760. I've sealed round the edges with duct tape to try to cut down on leaks.

There's more info on my blog here and here

Hope this helps

John

Thanks very interesting!
Did you ever find a decent comparison table that shows the efficiency of the filter at different grades? Found one that shows percentage efficiency at 0.4microns but doesn't show all the gradings, but noticed that your had over 95% efficiency at F9. Not gonna get much better without stepping up to the next level and into HEPA filters!

Cheers Phil

philb88":gpwu209v said:
Thanks for that, pretty good price for the size of the filter. Can find any actual details on it though, as I filtration efficency or MERV ratings etc.
Good price for replacing the 5/30 micron chip extractor bags

It doesn't have them on that site, but its a 1 micron filter. I've even seen it referred to as 0.5 micron. Here it is on a machine:

http://www.diytools.co.uk/record-cx2600 ... keyword%7D

Back