Where to find flexible stay-put hose?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigWing

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some of the hose shown in the photo, to use near various tools (drill press, belt sander, lathe...). Does anyone know where I can find it?

So far I have only found the Rutland "Stay Put Hose" which doesn't look quite as good – or can anyone say otherwise?

Axminster also have the "Stayput Extraction Hose", but that looks even less suitable.

Flex%20Hose-LG.jpg

The picture shows what I think is a Loc-Line Vacum Hose, I’ve used before for welding booths in schools can’t post link but Filtermist is a supplier or search loc-line-vacuum-hose you should find it, sorry don’t know cost but if I recall correctly was not a cheap product .

Give that man a coconut! Well done Desi2ie – I can indeed see them on the Filtermist website (and indeed others).

They seem to sell them in 9-element lengths (300mm) for about £16. Ah, now I can see the full item at the Record Power website, just as in my photo ("2.5 Inch Posable Hose Assembly Complete"), for £46. I see Yandles and other people call it "CamVac Poseable hose". Lots of different names – no wonder I struggled to find it!

It looks like the Rutland "Stay Put Hose" (~£15 for 36") is much cheaper, so maybe I should try a piece of that first. Has anyone else used it?

With all the extra names to search on, I have now found a very similar thread to mine on here 2 years ago – and that has given me even more options. Thanks again!

I use the Rutlands stay-put hose for dust extraction on my lathe. It is ok, and much more rigid than a standard hose, but nowhere near as posable as one of the ball&socket style arms. Usually I have to wedge it on the lathe’s banjo if it is unsupported for more than about 20 cm.

Try looking for extraction hose on gumtree, there's a 900mm length for sale on there just now.
Spooky coincidence, never heard of it until I saw your post then noticed this an hour or so later.

Aluminium semi rigid expandable ducting works quite well, probably not as good as the proper item but I find it useful and it's dirt cheap too.

Hot stuff":29u33nz8 said:
Try looking for extraction hose on gumtree, there's a 900mm length for sale on there just now.
Spooky coincidence, never heard of it until I saw your post then noticed this an hour or so later.

I've looked but I can't find it. Do you have a link?

Rorschach":1m9v8crt said:
Aluminium semi rigid expandable ducting works quite well, probably not as good as the proper item but I find it useful and it's dirt cheap too.

Gosh - that stuff is indeed cheap! At £10 for 3m, I might just have to try it. Does it sag under its own weight, or is it "posable"?

I have paid even less than that too, I seem to recall something about £6-7 for a 3m length.
It is posable and doesn't seem to sag although you do need to extend it out so it isn't so heavy. You will quickly learn it's limitations but for the money it can't be beaten and the ability to be able to cut and shape the ends with just a pair of scissors is great.
When handing I would recommend gloves, the edges are sharp as you can imagine and you might want to add tape to any exposed edges too if they are likely to catch your hands etc.

Back