Where to buy non countersunk screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkAW

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy screws that aren't countersunk?
I often find I need to fasten a piece of hardware or similar situations where countersunk screws are not appropriate.

I can only seem to find countersunk or what I have found is very poor quality, (must be made of soft metal as they strip easily).
I could do with a small selection of varying sizes.

Have you tried cup washers, just a suggestion, I assume you mean wood screws and not bolts.

Try here: kayfast I've bought from them before, though not roundhead screws - seemed good to deal with...

Have you tried cup washers, just a suggestion, I assume you mean wood screws and not bolts.
Thanks, yes I have a few of these left. I do use them sometimes, though they're not the best aesthetically.
General purpose screws. Mostly wood, sometimes wall plugs.

Try here: kayfast I've bought from them before, though not roundhead screws - seemed good to deal with...
Thanks. Looks like they have a few.

:unsure: Seems they are generally called 'flange' and also 'pan', with pan tending to be wider and flatter heads

Flange means the head is shaped as if it has a washer (the flange) under the head, so they are wider. Much better for a fixing on timber as they resist pulling in. Panheads are smaller and neater and better if bearing on metal anyway.

I must admit to having used self tapping screws before now. Generally intended for use with metal, most have a good deep thread an bear some similarities to wood screws. They are available in Pan head and in a variety of colours.
geoff

Latest posts

Back