Where to buy flex hose and reducers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my 100mm flexible ducting for my extractor that will run round the shop with various tools attached. Couple of things I need help with tho...

Every tool seems to have a different sized dust extraction port. Does anyone know a good place to buy various hoses that will connect to 100mm blast gates and reduce down to:-
70mm (router)
56mm (jointer)
32mm (bandsaw)
38mm (chop saw) ?

Measurements are outside diameters of ports so hose inside diameters would have to be same or slightly greater.

Also where can I buy wall fixings for 100mm hose?

Cheers guys and Merry Christmas.

Martin.

Axminster, Rutlands and Camvac all stock a range of reducers, adaptors etc.

Jason

Wall fixings you could make some from galvanised banding used by builders typically 20mmx10m with fixing holes £4.10 in toolstation.

Most woodwork tools suppliers will sell you reducers.

When I put my extraction in I used common 100mm diameter underground waste pipe (Marley brown) and cut a load of steel strips (est. 200mm x 25mm), bent around the pipe and screwed (both ends) into the joists to support it. Then split up a load of 13amp cable I had left over from wiring the workshop to connect each m/c to the extractor for the anti-static protection. Works really well!

Admittedly, not the prettiest of solutions but a little more cost effective than some of the alternatives that can be bought...!

I tend to use both purchased reducers and made ones. It is easy to do with PVC piping and a heat gun - mould the shapes you want.
Barry

Am having real difficulty finding the right parts for my extraction system, can anyone help?

I have these... http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Plastic-Blastgates-21600.htm

Now all I need is short lengths of hose of various sizes to connect to the machines listed at top of this thread. I bought a reducer from Axminster that can be cut to various sizes but it's too bulky to connect directly into the extraction ports on my machines. Any ideas please?

Are you running flexi pipe everywhere? Or just for drop downs?

cos it's only a small shop it's all run using 100mm grey flexi pipe from axminster with y junctions above each machine, then a short length of same flexi pipe and a blastgate. just need to go from each blastgate to the port on each machine reducing the size as necessary.

Just get some sheet metal - like zinc or aluminium and roll into a cone- then rivet and tape the joints.
this way you can make any size you want.

Mike

Check out you local A/C supplier (seach yellow pages for Air con or Duct or duct work or pipe work or ducting .....)

Back