Where can I get whatchamacallems?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Those bolts that hold a bed together where the nut is round and goes in a hole in the frame and the bolt goes through the leg and pulls the frame and leg together. Real technical sorry. I need to take the bed apart to move it but the X slot has stripped as the metal is so soft on the bolt head and I need to get some new ones and haven't a clue what they are called or where to look: any ideas guys?

Pete

Bodrighy":2k3i8td6 said:
......I need to take the bed apart to move it .......Pete

So you've been moved into the shed then Pete :lol: :lol: told you it should have been bigger.

I hate the search on the Axminster site, I was sure I had seen them, but could not find them for looking this morning. :roll:

Those Axminster ones look far better for a bed than the Woodfit ones I posted a link to. The cross dowel is a far larger diameter.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

How about Screwfix?

They have these cross dowel and much cheaper than anywhere else...

I have used these along with the dowel bolts on a cot I built a few years back. They allowed for height adjustment and disassembly.

Cheers Matt.

Hi mate,

I just helped the parents clear out their old bed shop which has closed down unfortunately. The good news is that I now have ton of wood and a box full of bed fixtures and fittings, including those round nuts.

If you need some pm me and i'll post some to you.

Martin

White House Workshop":hm5lsb48 said:
You could also try the thingumajig shop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tried them but they only speak double dutch so had trouble explaining what I wanted. Ended up with oojamaflops :eek:
Pete

Latest posts

Back