Wher can I buy Formica?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhr

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy Formica?

I am making a horizontal router table and need one sheet of Formica 400mm x 550mm to finish it off. Failing this; any suggestions for a substitute? Previous threads have not produced any success. The 'table' part (vertical) is made of two pieces of ply with hardwood edging and I have Formica on one side. I now need a 'balancing' piece on the other side. For a number of reasons this finished side will be the router side.

I've got some gloss white Polyrey that you could have. It's at my workshop in Staplehurst.

Simon

I'd like to know where i can buy it by the sheet as well! failing that you can use a piece of worktop and edge it with wood or strips that can be bought at most DIY stores.

Many thanks Simon.
I would like to take up your offer. Can I use an impact adhesive?
I will PM you when I can organise a trip.

Brian

Wey plastics in Weybridge or Wandsworth. They might have off-cuts or damaged sheets if you don't need a full sheet.

I posted this last July following a trip to Homebase.

"I have just been to my local Homebase and amongst their fireback selection I found several sheets of 610 x 1220 mm x 2mm laminate white on one side and cream on the other. This size was unpriced whereas other sizes were £24.99 or £34.99.

I took it to the info desk to get a price. £7.98 !!! needless to say my credit card was out in a flash!

I think 610 mm will be plenty wide enough but even so I could make a joint by the T track groove. "

No idea if it is still stocked.

Bob

I took it to the info desk to get a price. £7.98 !!! needless to say my credit card was out in a flash!

I would of bought every piece they had in the store at that price!!!

brianhr":2rrtxe76 said:
Many thanks Simon.
I would like to take up your offer. Can I use an impact adhesive?
I will PM you when I can organise a trip.

Brian

Yes you can, or PVA if you prefer. Just let me know when, I can do some evenings and weekends if it makes it easier for you. Let me know if you want me to send you a small piece to make sure it's suitable.

Simon

Back