What's your favourite word?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Reading an article lately about the nations favourite words got me thinking........so what's yours?

My favourites - Catafalque and surreptitious. :D

Most disliked - Carcass and gusset. :(

No psychoanalysis please and no words like "work" etc :wink:

Thanks

Mark :D

Most liked and disliked...
Cash!
Depending on whether I'm giving or receiving!

Roy.

Hi,

I like specificity and verbose

I don't like whatever and minger

Pete

About the only thing I can remember from, history lessons at school was

Antidisestablishmentarianism

Is is such a shame that up until now I have never had the opportunity to use it.

I also like "qat" as this has caused many an argument while playing scrabble. I had to buy my father a new dictionary once just to prove it existed.

Can't think of a word I dislike

Andy

loquacious

Possibly the politest insult i`ve ever received :lol: :lol: :lol: though admittedly accurate.

dedee":3ax4e5bx said:
I also like "qat" as this has caused many an argument while playing scrabble. I had to buy my father a new dictionary once just to prove it existed.

Andy
Not as good as a 'zix' though for Scrabble (a tool for cutting slate, I believe and I did see it in a dictionary once) - Rob

woodbloke":110kuoj9 said:
dedee":110kuoj9 said:

Andy
Not as good as a 'zix' though for Scrabble (a tool for cutting slate, I believe and I did see it in a dictionary once) - Rob

aaaaaaaaaaah scrabble, qi, or qis gets the temperature up when playing opponents at scrabble.

I have a fondness for juxtaposition and serendipitous, and a great loathing for whatever.

Rob, a Zax is a tool used in slate roofing; is that the one you have in mind? I have actually used that in a Scrabble game.

Back