What's your favourite thing about turning?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually finishing a piece and finding that I am close to being happy with it (there's always something not quite perfect), the finishing process is long and challenging if you are going for the best you can get, so to arrive at such a goal is pretty satisfying. After that I'm with Vic, selling for a proper price is a kind of validation of your efforts.

Hi

Customers who are genuinely pleased with the items that they commissioned.

Receiving payment for the above :)

Regards Mick

KimG":3idpwnb3 said:
Actually finishing a piece and finding that I am close to being happy with it.
Spindle":3idpwnb3 said:
Customers who are genuinely pleased with the items that they commissioned.
Receiving payment for the above :)
Certainly agree with both but I think the highest accolade is a commission on recommendation.

JG

Not needing to use 40 grit but instead only having to start on 80 grit :cool: :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

For me, it's switching off my faulty brain and immersing myself in a happy fugue.
Woodturning is a therapy for me. Every second I get to spend in the shed is precious.

Its working with wood, Looking at the wood in its natural state to start with then start to shape it and seeing the end result :) and thinking I made that . Also just think in years to come when on my Lathe in another place people will look at what I have made and think of me.

Going from ruff logs from work to beautiful mallets, chisel handles, hammer shafts you name it.
Applying the finish is allways a good bit

TT

Never been perfectly happy about any turning at the time but that's how you learn. However, there is nothing more satisfying than turning a replacement leg (or whatever) and seeing the item a year or so later and not being able to pick out the replacement.

:D :D :roll:
ps Isn't that the bloke who was named after his winter underwear, the former Long Johns Silver until he had one leg bonsaied?

Back