Whats the easiest way to get an old lawnmower delivered?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Would really love to get hold of this old (partly broken) Greens mower for spares to make mine good but seller is saying pickup only.
He has said he is prepared to take some bits off and send but having the lot would be best option for me :wink:

Tried looking at Hemes but could not find an answer (why can't you just talk to someone :roll: )

Can you just put a label around the handles these days? 8) :D

Andy

Ive had stuff delivered by shiply a few times and has worked out fine. It seems the first quotes that come back are high and the get cheaper down to more realistic levels. Since they are mostly couriers delivering door to door there is no need for packaging.

Shiply I think can link to ebay so the companies quoting can give realistic pricing as they can see pics of the item and dont have to rely on a description.

If time is no issue I would have said that the network on here would be best. Shiply is good but for an old lawnmower may not be worth it.

toolsntat":2ytxbcwt said:
Would really love to get hold of this old (partly broken) Greens mower for spares to make mine good but seller is saying pickup only.
He has said he is prepared to take some bits off and send but having the lot would be best option for me :wink:

Tried looking at Hemes but could not find an answer (why can't you just talk to someone :roll: )

Andy

Once upon a time you could put a label on the handle and put it on a train!

Hermes only carry up to 15kg

Almost all couriers will only transport items (however large) if boxed.

I needed a largeish cast iron belt sander collected which could not be boxed and put the job on Anyvan.com and found a really good bloke who collected it for me without problem or hassle. I would definitely use him again. Not sure what the rules are on this Forum for giving out names or recommendations but feel free to pm me if you want to give him a try.

signmaker":zair1zag said:

Strange how things spark the memory. Needs more of a big kick these days :( .

I got home from school one day to find a Hare with an address label tied around the back legs, hanging on the door knob. Shot that morning about 40 miles away by an uncle, and delivered by British Railways.

xy

xy mosian":30sf9azh said:
signmaker":30sf9azh said:

Strange how things spark the memory. Needs more of a big kick these days :( .

I got home from school one day to find a Hare with an address label tied around the back legs, hanging on the door knob. Shot that morning about 40 miles away by an uncle, and delivered by British Railways.

xy

Yes, years ago I bought a stock Cockerel for a breeding pen through Exchange & Mart and it was delivered by train and I just collected it from my local station. It wasn't free-range! it was in a box. Day-old chicks were sent that way too, but it's all been banned now.

signmaker":2vi7tgtn said:
toolsntat":2vi7tgtn said:

Andy

Hermes only carry up to 15kg

Almost all couriers will only transport items (however large) if boxed.

I needed a largeish cast iron belt sander collected which could not be boxed and put the job on Anyvan.com and found a really good bloke who collected it for me without problem or hassle. I would definitely use him again. Not sure what the rules are on this Forum for giving out names or recommendations but feel free to pm me if you want to give him a try.

Name away, always good for people who need such services.

+1 for ANYVAN.com

Post your collection/delivery requirements you then get various quotes back.

It works by collecting & delivering your item/items as and when the courier is in the respective areas, so sometimes you will get the item very quickly other times a few days.

The beauty is no need for fancy packing etc.

Just to add to my last post; it was an item I purchased from eBay, a quite weighty 3-phase AJH Bandfacer.

I expected to have to contact the seller to arrange collection but 'Dann' just asked for the seller's details and he took care of everything. The same day he collected it, he delivered it to me.

Latest posts

Back