What wood is this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I know it isn't really wood, but what is it supposed to be? I have to make one to match it.
DSCN2824.jpg

American white oak perhaps? bit difficult to see the grain detail but the colour is about right.
If you have to match the handles they look just like some I have just bought from Buller.
Bob

It is a shame that some manufacturers of foiled product just call the colours whatever they feel like rather than what they are supposed to be - not helpfull at all :cry: A certain supplier of mirrored doors I had dealings with long time ago would of labeled it anything from 'steamed beech' to 'pear'.

Sorry I know that dont help you but it used to bug the pineapple out of me :evil:

I happen to be planing up some ash that is supposed to be American today but is was a bit darker and with a bit more visible grain but not too far off.

Bob

Landau, a big kitchen components supplier are in Hull Alan. They would probably fix you up with the same crappy vinyl wrapped doors if you took one to get matched up. For future reference they also do a nice range of solid wood in- frame and frameless doors. I wouldnt even attempt to make anything out of wood to match those

If this is a radial cut veneer, no matter what wood it is, it will be difficult, if not impossible to match in rear wood.
Radial veneers are cut from the log as it is turned, and as such no other cutting will produce the same grain, yes you may be able to match the wood, but it will always look different, no matter what you do. The old adage comes to mind, if you can't match or hide it, emphasise the difference, it may not look the same but it will look meant...bosshogg :)

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
Albert Einstein 8)

Latest posts

Back