What type of dust extraction systems are you using ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im looking for a budget (cheap) :D dust extraction system for my workshop....its not a big workshop 21feet x 11 feet so doesnt have to be industrial scale....what systems are you guys running and has anyone had good experiences or bad with the budget end of the market ?

regards

Dave

I have a Fox dust and chip collector. It costs around £120 and I have found it very good
I have been using it for around 18 months now. Not able to compare it with other brands
as it is the first one I have owned. I don't think you will find a better system for the money though.
Willy.

hi there i have a single bag unit that is sitting in a shed if you are interested.

i used to use it to run my panel saw and a cross cut saw but it would be ok for planers and all sorts.

how many machines are you running?

i always try to put them outside if you can, then the fine dust is no where near your tidy shop, makes a huge difference.

regards

Ben

Depends on your machines. I've been using the Axi 2200 which is excellent but I'm now going to use a separate dust extractor or those machines that do low volume high dust like the drum sander.

I snarfelled this little gem off ebay for £64 which was a snip. It's a Yorkleen twin motor....and virtually unused. It will suck the chrome off a bumper!

P1080688.jpg

P1080689.jpg

P1080690.jpg

and while I was collecting it, the guy had this little gem of a Multico pillar drill - again virtually unused - and somehow it found it's way into the back of my vehicle :wink: It's got the added bonus of one of those windie-up tables.

P1080694.jpg

P1080695.jpg

This means that I'll be sticking up my Clarke drill FTAGH ....or it goes down the tip.

The missus!! :mrgreen:

Nah...one of these...got it from FleaBay for £40 complete with 4m of hose!

DSC_0053.JPG

It's a P&J Dust Extraction system with proper German induction motor....

I found that if you are patient, these things go for a song...simply because they can't be posted and if you can get one locally...and nobody else bids..you are into a bargain!

Sucks up tools pretty well too!

Jim

Back