What to get in the way of storage boxes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Established Member
Reaction score
My sheds are shambolic with disintegrating old cardboard boxes loaded with bolts, coach screws, builders metal brackets etc. I need to get some tough storage boxes and there seems to be loads of options out there but without seeing them it's hard to be sure how tough they all are. Any recommends for boxes from around 10 to 25 litre, lids not essential but need to be sturdy as they will be heavily loaded.

Thanks

Thanks

No way do I fancy making them myself. Just not worth the time for boxes I can get for £10-£20 as too busy at present. No Costo or Wilko in this neck of the woods.

Like the look of the euro boxes.

this goes against everything i would normally recommend, but i use loads of ikea boxes, both for parts & various tools storage, they are dirt cheap & IMO lids are a big advantage as having original had boxes with no lids, there is nothing worse than dust accumulating in boxes.

I've found the euro boxes don't crack like the ones you buy in diy outlets. They are widely used in industrial environments.
Big dug have them at a good price.

I have euro boxes for camping kit and recovery kit and they are tough and robust. They also do sizes that stack etc. I would also consider the "really useful boxes" as they can be bought as clear boxes and that can be useful (pardon the pun) for seeing what you've stored where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro containers Green has recommended are excellent - Auer, Allibert and Arca all make good versions
They are very tough and practical
Matt

The boxes used by supermarkets are very useful.
They are very strong and sturdy and stack nicely.
I have got loads of them.
You can buy them quite cheaply - I think the are called bale arm boxes.
You can also get trolleys for them to stack in which I think I will make a copy of.

I'd be interested to know what the euro boxes are made of, i like IKEA ones as they are cheap but they seem brittle and tend to crack when knocked, where as the euro boxes are definitely more tolerant of a bang or two or being stood on etc.

Fitzroy":2yjz0esu said:
I'd be interested to know what the euro boxes are made of, i like IKEA ones as they are cheap but they seem brittle and tend to crack when knocked, where as the euro boxes are definitely more tolerant of a bang or two or being stood on etc.
I think they are polypropylene. They certainly don't crack (we use them for moving heavy stuff like breakers and stihl saws in the back of tippers...)

Festool systainers. Sorry, someone had to say it :p

Seriously though, Tanos might be an option for you? I believe they make them for festool.

Back