What shoulder plane?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speak to Mike Hudson if you see him at any of the shows - might have the prototype plane with him. I've played with it a few times.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Last time I spoke to Mike I bought a Clifton convex spokeshave :D

He let me have a play with his chair seat that he drags round all the shows with him

No comments yet on the Record 311 on eBay :?

Looks like it might be worth buying to my untrained eye

arminiusrex,

Might be interested if the eBay one doesn't pan out, will let you know.

regards

Brian

brianhabby":3kf2jpu8 said:
No comments yet on the Record 311 on eBay :?

Looks like it might be worth buying to my untrained eye

Looks OK and will probably clean up nicely without too much trouble. But watch how the price goes and don't pay silly money for it.

Paul

brianhabby":3tixthum said:
Paul Chapman":3tixthum said:
But watch how the price goes and don't pay silly money for it

So - how high should I go?

I can't really advise you on that - I've never bought anything from ebay. I prefer to see and handle planes before buying them. However, if you really want me to quote a figure, based on other planes I have bought second-hand, I personally wouldn't go above £30.

Paul

Paul Chapman":2z6mv051 said:
Adjustable mouth; low angle; Norris-type adjuster; fabulous Bubinga-faced lever cap; thick blade; green paint 8)

Paul
I seem to remember though that this fabled Clifton blockplane has been in the pipe line for about two years, maybe more...gota be smoke and mirrors :wink: :lol: - Rob

Try the Veritas Large shoulder plane if you can, it may not be as pretty as some of the more traditional styles but it's a real joy to use.

Tommy.

brianhabby":t4gnv2zj said:
Paul Chapman":t4gnv2zj said:
But watch how the price goes and don't pay silly money for it

So - how high should I go?

regards

Brian

Just a thought, Brian. That plane should have a bullnose front piece but I can't see it in any of the pictures. If it's missing, give it a miss.

Paul

Latest posts

Back