What nice people Makita are

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would put a note on here about Makita's customer service.

My 18v Li-ion hammer drill stopped working last week only in 3rd gear, I emailed makita who arranged to pick it up from where I was working on Friday and I had it delivered back to me today.

Its had a new gearbox fitted and a few other bits and works fine now.

The best thing is its 18 months old so I thought makita would do nothing but they have been great. They even sent me a new case back when it was only 3 months old and the case broke which most manufacturers would not cover on the warranty.

Cheers makita :D :D :D

I was thinking of purchasing a Makita li-ion cordless, but Makita has been getting some bad reports on quality.

Whats the drill like Chippy?

I have the drill and the impact driver they did not come as a set when I bought them but I see they do now I payed £450 for both with 3 x 3amp batteries.

I use the impact every day at work and its excellent the I don't use the drill as much but nearly.

They are both great only complaint is that the rubber bits start to peel off of them but thats not really a bother.

The drill is really powerful set on 1st gear it would easily break your wrist if it bites but you do get a side handle. The batteries hold charge for ages.

I've been using and buying Makita stuff for years and have always been happy with the build quality.
If possible I try to get things made by makita in the uk.
The MXT drill/drivers are unbelievable. if you can get used to the weight of the metal gearbox the life span of the NIHM batteries and the torque developed is incredible. the only problem that I have with it is forgetting to switch from drill to driver and then I end up with most of the screw in the wood apart from the screwhead which has sheared off and is magnetically attached to my screwdriver

Makes a change. Did they know you were a forum member? Can't do their sales any harm.

Have yet to buy Makita, but am looking to move from DeWalt for various reasons not worth going into.

i sent ryobi a snotty e-mail yesterday whinging that i didn't get a set of instructions in the table saw i bought at an auction, and this mornin at about 8am i got a reply with a manual attached and an apology!!!!
how good is that?

Hi

I cannot agree on the nice aspect of Makita. I bought a Makita 2704 table saw 12 - 14 months ago and have repeatedly e-mailed and phoned in respect of two problems. I have not even received an acknowledgement.

1. Fence will not lock solid, nor will it run square to the rails.

2. Blade is not, by a long way, parallel to the mitre slots.

Please tell me what telephone number you called or which e-mail address you contacted. I would dearly like to resolve these issues as I feel, for the price, the package is not worth the money nor is the support.

I hope you will help.

Thanks

Les

Sorry the reply is late Les I have been on holiday for 2 weeks.

I contacted

Charlotte Payne
Service Co-Ordinator
Makita (UK) Ltd
T: 01908 211678
F: 01908 614702
W: www.makitauk.com

Her email is [email protected]

I would think she would be able to help you but I cannot really talk for her so just give her an email and see what happens.

lagermonkey
I have the 14.4v makita mxt (8434dwp) and have to agree, it is a great bit of kit.

It is a bit heavier than most, but I don't find this an issue, and would recommend it to anyone.
It is quoted as 70nm torque, but the other day I drove a couple of LONG screws into brickwork (via LONG wallplugs!) and the next day, with the makita at home and my ryobi kit with me i tried to undo the screws.
The ryobi drill started smoking from the engine room, so I switched to the impact driver, which didn't smoke, but neither did it remove the screws. So I guess 70nm makita is worth over 135nm ryobi. ( As is said I guess!)

Further endorsement available upon request!!!!

neil (who is not employed by makita, in fact is not employed by anyone!!)

Picked up the 18v Lion combo drill and impact driver when my local supplier had a promo when my old 14.4v nmh (also makita) started to get tired

The combo is much lighter and twice as powerful

The impact driver certainly packs enough punch and will definitely save
beating the combo to death

Both seem like well thought out designs just hope they've got the same durability as my trusty old 14.4v

Hi Chippy

Thanks for your reply - I will follow this up and maybe get some answers.

Thanks again and I will post as to how I got on.

Les

Latest posts

Back