what masks for the job?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greek Enigma

Established Member
Reaction score
this might sound silly, but we've all got to learn

basically their is loads and loads of face masks to choose from :roll: :roll: :roll:

the mobile home im in has major major mold probs (its effecting me & my brothers health very bad)

ive been trying to dry it all out with a fan heater first then going to spray white vinegar all over the mold

(as i just dnt have the money to rip down all the walls take out old insulation put in the new foil sided type etc)

worrying that all the fiberglass is black though???? (i swear its supposed to be pink what the hell??)

anyway i have not been using a mask :cry: :cry: i know ( i know i know :shock: )

i think its time to forget it for now wait until we move

then do all the work needed AND BUY A MASK :mrgreen:

ok so what mask should be used for mold??

in fact if anyone know what mask for what task that would be even better

say for instance if i was smashing all the walls down ripping out all the fiberglass etc what mask for that

thanks

but just the mask for mold is most needed knowing for now

thanks everyone for all the help

I uee 3M masks - so can't comment on what other ones may be suitable. The type I use is the kind that takes replaceable filters on the sides, such as

re011.jpg

comes with straps that go round the back of the head. Details of what cartridges can\should be used in what situations can be found at the following location,

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... rces/Four/

either as a PDF or software.

For mould specifically the following page gives details of those filters -

http://www.safetysupplyamerica.com/App_ ... iation.pdf

Can't say whether any one specific filter is available in the UK - although most should be. I say that because occasionally some products are more US specific than here due whatever legislation is driving it. Worth asking or Googling to see if a supplier in the UK has them. Failing that you could always ring 3M in the UK and ask their Sales or Tech departments.

HIH

Dibs

For protection of mold, you need a mask that can take in P3 class protection. The spores of mold are of the smallest sizes, therefore you need that class.
P2 would be good enough for most wood working activities, but mold is more demanding.

I like the JSP Maximask 2000, similar to the 3M unit. Costs approx. £12 as do P3 filters at http://evaq8.co.uk/PPE.html and plenty of other places. The mask with P2 filters is approx. £15 at B&Q. Don't bother with paper masks as the poor face-fit makes them decorative only.
HTH

Jonzjob":1ij8jmpg said:
When you have your mask this may help you get rid of the mould

http://blackmold.awardspace.com/kill-remove-mold.html

i actually looked at that site months ago (thats where i got the white vinegar idea from...so snap)
thanks anyway

someone told me p5??

so whats the diff with the p 2 p3 p4 p5 etc?

even though its pointless buying a mask now

as ive basically done it all with no mask (will i die lol.....wait will i?)

ok coming from london council house (never 1 mold prob EVER!!....infact never a prob...very healthy houshold & area :cry: (god i miss the good days)
wish i never left as i would of only still thought mold is what you get in sandwiches :mrgreen: )

anyway to a moldy ass mobile home messed up my head as what its doing to me n my brother?

anyone know about mold alot on here

ok ill try explain

even with windows open etc all the walls (which are like hardboard tacked on studs with fiberglass as insulation go moldy like black etc)

its hard to explain, cloths stink when you put them in drawers etc

anyway as money so short all i could do was rip off wallpaper clean with washing liquid then sparay with white vinegar (so the acid in it hopefully holds the mold away for a while) i dnt see how though as fiberglass is black

anyway then rewallpapered

what would you do in this situation (other than get insurance and set it on fire lmfao :twisted: :shock: :lol: )

ps how bad could of this effected are health?? and would it effect us permanetly,, i didnt even use a mask at all :(

we have been in this situation like 10 years
(i would of told my mum not to buy it...but i never knew she was going to buy the mobile home)

she got ripped off, but its her own thought im afraid as by one look a normal person wouldnt of bought it

sorry but true

Back