What is this- please? I am keen to find more

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lathe User

Established Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

That’s rather the point of me asking. I don’t have a clue. The picture shows there aluminium 1.6mm by 16 mm so obviously intended for very light work . The profile plus the raised centre would indicate they are hangers not brackets but try as I might I have been unable to track them down.
Oh and I know they must have been sold in bulk and I could do with 40 of them.
Thank you for helping

Thank you Linus. They are indeed roof tile verge clips . These seem to be SAMAC universal or Marley double Roman . Though it seems availability is a problem and 76p ea for a box of 50 is a bit steep.
As to why I need them .

I am building a custom Alpine House like a greenhouse but it keeps plants cool and dry as opposed to hot and humid. Windows all along the sides and across both sides of the ridge and doors both ends! To add to the joys it’s 5 x 3 metres , so loads of windows. All of which I have made from recycled teak and the main structure inCanadian western cedar. Holding the glass in the frames without retaining the wet I solved by adapting/reforming these roofing clip. They work really well.
It’s been 18 months in build and I am only now getting to the glazing.
Don’t suppose someone has some at a reasonable price 🤞?

Thank you Linus. They are indeed roof tile verge clips . These seem to be SAMAC universal or Marley double Roman . Though it seems availability is a problem and 76p ea for a box of 50 is a bit steep.
As to why I need them .

I am building a custom Alpine House like a greenhouse but it keeps plants cool and dry as opposed to hot and humid. Windows all along the sides and across both sides of the ridge and doors both ends! To add to the joys it’s 5 x 3 metres , so loads of windows. All of which I have made from recycled teak and the main structure inCanadian western cedar. Holding the glass in the frames without retaining the wet I solved by adapting/reforming these roofing clip. They work really well.
It’s been 18 months in build and I am only now getting to the glazing.
Don’t suppose someone has some at a reasonable price 🤞?
I would speak to a friendly local roofer. They probably get them by the hundreds at 85% discount!

Back