WHAT IS IT ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
Although not strictly woodwork, it is connected with my repairs of the garden trellis. Needing to move slabs to get at post bases, I came across two pits. I knew the electric one on the right was there, but had no idea that the one on the left was there and we have been here 20 years.

Looks like a plunger of some sort with a locking nut, but if I unscrew it and push down, or pull up, what can I expect?

That does not call for all sorts of 'silly' answers, this is serious - it could lead to an explosion for all I know.

Any ideas please.
Malcolm
IMG_4154 r.jpg
IMG_4158 r.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4154 r.jpg
    IMG_4154 r.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4158 r.jpg
    IMG_4158 r.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 270
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That would be awesome if it had ACME written on the side.

If everything in your house/garden is working as expected, I think put the cover back on and pretend it's not there.

I installed something similar a few years ago in an old house.

no idea what it is, but I'm hoping the new owner has found it by now and is asking people what it is. :)

Ahhhhh ...... I managed to get in touch with someone who was involved in the pool building 30 years ago. He seems to recall that it was a connection to the mains to drain the pool. Something that possibly would be frowned upon these days? As the pool has a thick green plastic tray with central, three tier stone fountain, the outlet could only be directly under the fountain because I have emptied it a few times to clean it out, without disturbing the fountain and there is nothing visable to drain it.
Think it best to cover over and let the next buyers have the same problem wondering what it could be.
Thanks anyway, worth a try, even to get the gags!.
Malcolm

After all these years, no knowing if it would cause damage to the main drains system, so I'll leave it be. I have written a note with marker pen on a plastic sleve and inserted that in a waterproof bag to leave in the pit for others.
Malcolm

No, but never sure when my 'Pit' will be ready for occupation. Too settled in this house after 20 years.
Still time for you to pop in sometime!
Malcolm

Latest posts

Back