what Blade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John. B

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Scrollers,

Just nipped over from the turning section for some advice.

I need to cut 0.7mm aluminium without distorting the edge.

Can anyone tell me whether I need to get a metal cutting blade or use a very fine wood blade.

If a metal cutting one, where is the best place to get it?.

Regards

John. B

Hi John,
I have found that a fine tooth blade is no use for ally , clogs up too quick.
I have cut a lot of parts from 4 and 5 m m ally , and i find that a no 3/5 blade with not too many teeth works fine , but you must lubricate it well
i use a commercial lube , but vaseline works well as the swarff sticks to the blade , and you can wipe it off as you go !!!
give it a try , it works for me !!------------------------Frank------------------- :D
don't bother with wd 40 although it works ok (ish) it makes a bl@**y mess,

HI steve , you and yours all ok mate . ???
Yes i think candle wax just may do the job .
can't remember the name of the stuff iv'e got , we use it at work so ---------------------- :lol: :lol:
-------------Frank-------------------

Hi John. If you want some metal cutting blades I can send you some. I had some come with my Hegner scroll saw but will never use them. You would be more than welcome to them.

scroller frank":wbukrn8p said:
HI steve , you and yours all ok mate . ???
Yes i think candle wax just may do the job .
can't remember the name of the stuff iv'e got , we use it at work so ---------------------- :lol: :lol:
-------------Frank-------------------

hi frank
we are fine, hows you..? still not built the drill press yet but need to get on with it, got to get through the orders first though and they never seem to stop.. :lol:

Thank you Frank for your advice I will try what you advise.

Chippy! I Really appreciate that. I'll PM you my address. Put on a return address and I'll send you a thank you note.

John. B

scroller frank":2bbjd812 said:
Hi Steve , cant get over to help u after Sunday 27 th mate , will only have 1 arm for a while !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #-o #-o

anytime before that? :lol:

Back