what are these items?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike s

Established Member
Reaction score
i bought a load of odds and ends the other day and im wondering what some of the items are
other than the obvious things (drillsaw, countersink, long socket, js blades) what have i got? the trend thing looks exciting
thought it was worth a couple of quid for the surprise as i had won some other items of his anyway.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110874845929? ... 500wt_1416

thanks

Going on experience I wouldn't count my chickens until they are delivered. The description only says jigsaw blades.

after reading discription "jigsaw blades" :wink:
i would have sent a message saying is it all that we see in picture :D no mistakes then :wink:
i hope you get it all :D

If you do get it all, as well as the labelled items you will also have some hinge drilling bits which centre the pilot hole in the hinge hole and what I think must be hex bit extensions (the long things at the back) which would be a steal at the price.

i messaged him before i bid and he confirmed that im getting everything in the picture, he is clearing out a house and wants rid of everything. he is not a woodworker so doesn't know what he has got
any idea what the trend thing is? or the thing above it in a bag with an allen key?
thanks

Now I am just guessing but from the look of it the Trend thing is a router centering pin for a false baseplate and the thing above it looks like the guide bush for a hollow mortise chisel sharpener. As I say I am just guessing though.

mike s":1kcvtsv7 said:
i messaged him before i bid and he confirmed that im getting everything in the picture, he is clearing out a house and wants rid of everything. he is not a woodworker so doesn't know what he has got
any idea what the trend thing is? or the thing above it in a bag with an allen key?
thanks
Hi Mike
They are Trend drill bit guides shown here http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/productli ... uides.html. Useful for centering the pilot holes for fixing hinges and castors. You got a bargain!
Regards Keith

This is what I can see.

A drill-saw Clearly labelled of course)! Like a non-flexible abra-file.
What looks like a bundle of wall fixings with expanding anchors.
A countersink tool (On the right.)
Jig saw blades
Two metal rods that could be long hole borers for a lathe, or might just be tool steel.
A possible router table guide pin to the leftof the Trend packet.)
The item in the Trend packet looks like the bearing and shaft for a Biscuit cutting or trimming set-up. (sans bit)
A small slotted-screw driver bit.
Under the green packet, is what might be a selection of Yankee driver bits. (Lucky if you have the Yankee driver to go with 'em.)

What is in the green packet Is a mystery as I can't see it!

I could be wrong though. My eyes aren't too good at this time of day! And I cant enlarge the pic.
HTH :D

i went to collect the stuff on the weekend only to find that the listing had been incorrectly photographed and the seller answered my question about what i will be getting without looking at his own photograph!
instead i got a box of jigsaw blades, still worth the £3 but im a little disappointed that i didnt get what was in the photograph
he offered me a refund but i got a good deal on some other things so i didnt want to rob him further!

Mmmmmmm, he didn't see his own photo? he must have took it when he wasn't looking then #-o keep checking to see if the same listing reappears.

apparently he was clearing out his fathers house with his family and he didn't take the photo or list the item, he only answered the question.
he said the items in the picture still must be up north at the house he was clearing as he only bought home what was being sold
silly sod

Back