What a dummy!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mar_mite

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been laying a squash court floor this week, easy. Screw the first board down to the batterns. Lay the floor away from that, t&g boards fixed with porta nailer until you get to the last board and screw that one down. Then I realised that I'd hidden my makita drill and impact driver halfway under the floor when I went for lunch. What an silly person. They can stay there now.

Hope the batteries don't corrode and cause problems, not Lithium by any chance?

Mar_mite":q1kpdpj3 said:
I've been laying a squash court floor this week, easy. Screw the first board down to the batterns. Lay the floor away from that, t&g boards fixed with porta nailer until you get to the last board and screw that one down. Then I realised that I'd hidden my makita drill and impact driver halfway under the floor when I went for lunch. What an silly person. They can stay there now.

thanks for sharing that. If a young 'un can do it, there's a bit more of an excuse for us oldies. I wonder which house now has my Yankee under it's floorboards......................?

CHJ":3v1fedgx said:
Yes they are. Corrosion did cross my mind. I am a member of the club, so I can keep an eye/nose out for anything. Will it smell if it corrodes? Are lithium worse?

Mar_mite":sg5q2a1b said:
CHJ":sg5q2a1b said:
Yes they are. Corrosion did cross my mind. I am a member of the club, so I can keep an eye/nose out for anything. Will it smell if it corrodes? Are lithium worse?
All I could ever smell (and taste) on a squash court was sweat :roll:

Regards Keith

HI
ooops!!! We've all done it

Actually Lithium reacts with moisture exothermically, the reaction forming Lithium hydroxide and highly flammable hydrogen. Best hope there's no dodgy wiring down there!!

David

That's truly bad luck mate, we've all done similar. I dropped a level down a cavity once and if it hadn't been my mums house I'd have got the pipper back, daddy wasn't playing fair that day.

It's dry as a bone down there. And well ventilated. They have got to stay there now. It's too much to take it all up again.

Mar_mite":1pnfnzq0 said:
It's dry as a bone down there. And well ventilated. They have got to stay there now. It's too much to take it all up again.

Any scope for taking up a couple of edge boards and "fishing" with a BIG magnet?

BugBear

bugbear":x8slc9g9 said:
Mar_mite":x8slc9g9 said:

Any scope for taking up a couple of edge boards and "fishing" with a BIG magnet?

BugBear
I've accepted I've lost them. Said my good buys and gone through the grieving process. Now it's new drill time. Yippee.

Back