Wengé brass and stainless steel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Our first 18 tpi saw.

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

and a LN 102. A gift from a very generous friend.

Cheers
Pedder

oh v.nice. Can we have a close up of the handle?

That's all I can show at the moment. I'll try better later.

wenge%20griff.jpg

Cheers
Pedder

Beautiful. I was looking for the figure in the Wenge. One my my most favourite timbers. I intend to turn some chisel handles from it one day. A complimenting saw would be super. Let's hope I pull Pedder in the SS draw next xmas. ;)

woodbloke":3ix3pbey said:
wizer":3ix3pbey said:
Wenge. One my my most favourite timbers.
Not one of mine! Horrible, nasty, evil, splintery :twisted: :twisted: stuff! - Rob

Try turning it :shock:

Chris Knight":2a7ea12h said:
I do wish there weren't so many folk making nice saws at the moment. I feel tempted very time I see one but I already have too many! :D
...you could always do with an extra saw Chris, 'specially one as nice as this one :lol: - Rob

Beautiful saw Pedder.

I'm sure i'm not alone in wondering how much you would charge for making one of those?

Cheers

Karl

Hi,

thank you for the kudos.

This handle was made by Klaus, my saw making partner, who lives near Stuttgart. That is about 700 km apart from Kiel where I live. This handle was at least 4 times sent across Germany before the saw was ready.

I never worked with Wengé myself. I'm not sure, if I want to. ;)

This particular spline is one of first batch slitted by Klaus. I rounded it and polished it. Today we get them ready slotted.

Cheers
Pedder

Karl":eamloy3b said:
Beautiful saw Pedder.

I'm sure i'm not alone in wondering how much you would charge for making one of those?

Cheers

Karl

Hi Karl,

if you are interested we would work out the details (Pattern, Length, Pitch, Filing, Wood) and ask you to measure your hand. The price changes with the details (e.g. ebony costs more than maple). If we would sell this saw, it would be about 135 GBP.

Cheers
Pedder

Pedder, how does this partnership work? Are you just two pals making stuff together, or is it more formal business type arrangement? Is this sort of partnership popular in Germany or just something the two of you are doing?

Excuse my big nose ;)

Lovely saw. I'm not sure the wenge is to my taste but as you explained it's not a production saw. I think the price you stated would be very fair for that! I mean a LN tenon saw is around that mark and it wouldn't be custom made for the user.

It is a blessing and a curse that there are only the two of you, I think with some backing you could definately set up shop with a few others and produce them more frequently for people. I think I read before the turn around on one of these or your other saws is quite some time.

Back