Wellies!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Scats in the town. While I was there I saw a guy hand over £185 :shock: :shock: for a pair of green wellies. Is it me or what? - Rob

Hah! Must have been a Volvo driver, I am. :) No seriously though, that is a lot of greenies for a pair of wellies! I wonder what he paid for the padded green waistcoat though? :lol:

That's not his padded green waistcoat. That's his wallet.
Champers.gif

I was just behind this bloke paying for his wellies...the fella behind the till said that if he went up to the 'smoke' in some posh wellie shop he would have to part with about £300 for the same thing :shock: :shock: - Rob

woodbloke":1dvc71qx said:
I saw a guy hand over £185 :shock: :shock: for a pair of green wellies. Is it me or what?

Bet he's got a personalised number plate as well :roll: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

bet them wellies have got the straps on to fit the sheep's back legs in. :roll:

Who needs straps just buy wellies that are a sloppy loose fit.

Trouble, of course, with the straps is that you tend to miss out on all the luvverly smooching afterwards.

With them posh wellies tho' and his padded green jacket he'd definitly be set up to shop in Waitrose...have to leave his sheep tied up outside tho' :wink: :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":lg6q6a50 said:
With them posh wellies tho' and his padded green jacket he'd definitly be set up to shop in Waitrose...have to leave his sheep tied up outside tho' :wink: :lol: - Rob

Must have been the same guy I saw last Saturday down our local Farmers Market, sorting through the free (recyled) plastic bags for a Waitrose One rather than Tesco's to carry his purchases back to the car. I kid you not!

its a question of prioritys really
take a look at these boots here

http://www.grovelands.com/acatalog/Hunt ... llies.html

it all depends where your prioritys lye . these are the cheaper end of the market by comparison , it also depends on your financial status and usage .
if your wearing them all day everday and can afford them , WHY NOT
there must have been a bit more to it than just a pair of green wellies

Yes, but green wellies are currently a fashion statement in *Tokyo*. You'd have to get on a train and leave town if you wanted to get them muddy! I've seen women wearing the aforementioned padded jacket things with them too. They're just a statement. There's even a store called Labrador Retriever that's not just for people who have dogs - it's for people who want to give out some kind of dog-owning, slightly countryfied aura. All I can say is, townies are strange:

http://www.labrador.co.jp

The locals must have fun pronouncing that:
Rablado' letleiver :lol: :lol:

Nick W":2t99n7e4 said:
The locals must have fun pronouncing that:
Rablado' letleiver :lol: :lol:

Indeed. :)

Did you check out the doggie clothes? Very... countryside.

http://www.labrador.co.jp/doggoods.htm

(There's a woman in my neighbourhood who has an 'ickle poodle with it's ears dyed purple, same colour as her own hair. I can only imagine what Terry Pratchett's Gaspode would make of it).

Speaking as a country bumpkin who spends half of his non-working waking hours in wellies, I can tell you that they have two distinct snags when worn for a long time:-
1) Your feet get freezing cold.
2) Your feet get very sweaty
If you ar unlucky, then 1) and 2) happen at the same time.

For £185 the guy must have been buying some posh leather lined wellies, which keep your feet nice and warm, without making them smell like something that died a week ago.

Personally, I just buy them a size too big and wear 2 pairs of socks - almost as good, and about £180 less expensive!

Taffy

Latest posts

Back