Well I've gone and done it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Workshop Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
New lathe on order from axi. Should be here Saturday. To say I'm excited is a bit of an under statement :D I've gone for the ah 1218, we went down to the Nuneaton store on Monday and had a look at it and it appears perfect for what I'll need it for - got the bed extension too. Now just need to learn to turn better.

Workshop Bob":1grgzylx said:
New lathe on order from axi. Should be here Saturday. To say I'm excited is a bit of an under statement :D I've gone for the ah 1218, we went down to the Nuneaton store on Monday and had a look at it and it appears perfect for what I'll need it for - got the bed extension too. Now just need to learn to turn better.
Congrats. As a fellow novice turner - enjoy!

What are your plans for pieces? Spindles, bowls, bit of everything?

I've done a bit of spindle work up until now on my old lathe. I mostly want to get to state where I can competently turn things such as table legs etc for my other furniture pieces. In fact it's a piece of furniture that spurred me on to make the change in lathe now as I have a very long piece to tackle soon so wanted a bit extra bed length.

Back