Weird joint triangle thing... beginners etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I see the oddity of the short extra lines now but I had ignored them so thoroughly I hadn't noticed them.

custard":1y6sh7rk said:
I see now why they say humour and the internet don't mix.
There was humour somewhere in this thread? No indication of humour that I could discern, ha ha. Oops, there's a clue ... maybe. Slainte.

Sheffield Tony":1tye4odu said:
Older than that - it is in Imperial. In 1983 my exam was in metric. But we definitely did have to decide the joints ourselves, perhaps it varied by exam board. I recall clearly discussing my choice of joint with the teacher after the exam; I used a single bare faced M&T where he thought it ought to be a twin. I still think I was right :wink:

Mine was 1970, it was imperial. The "A" level was 1972 and we had the option of imperial or metric. I choose imperial - and got metric. :D

I know this is an old-ish topic but I found this today by a YouTuber called Matt Estlea. I don't think it's the exact thing I saw at Chichester College but it's pretty close. Looking at it I wonder if the one I saw was even a triangle. I could be seriously misremembering it.

Anyway, it's essentially the same thing and something that I think would be a cool exercise for someone looking to learn or improve joints. Like I said in the original post, the tutors at Chichester start their students on something like this and have them do it over and over until it's good enough.

This is the link to part one which will then subsequently link you to the following parts, and below are the plans should anyone be interested.

b5XdgSp.jpg

Latest posts

Back