Waterless Car Wash Systems......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests.....

Has anyone got/had any experience of these fangled waterless cash wash systems..?

Are they any good, or is it all hype..?

Do you need to 'start' with a clean car i.e. get all the sap and muck off first before you start to use the system..?
what i mean is does the car need to be in 'showroom condition' to get best results..?
or can you apply it directly to a 6 year old car thats not been 'loved' and still get results..?

As always comments welcomed......

Nick

I'm more than a little biased as I'm definitely OTT about my car and there is no way that I would use a waterless system on my paintwork which is kept in close to showroom condition.

However on a "6 year old car thats not been 'loved' it's probably a different story as the paintwork will be in a poor state. IMO there is no substitute for elbow grease and good quality products but we all have different priorities don't we and the fact you've asked the question suggests that perhaps you're looking for an easy way? There isn't one! :)

Bob

Maybe not an 'easy' way as you say.....

I love getting a great finish, and find the Detailing Clay a joy to use, followed by Autoglym.... 8)

However..... i saw this stuff advertised recently, and upon looking a little more closely i see there are literally dozens of this type of product out there and just wondered as to the overall quality of the stuff. Maybe not as a complete substitute but as a err 'quickie' every other wash..? :wink:

Nick

oh..... mines 5 1/2 years old and not suggesting its not been 'loved'...... just not had as many kisses as others may have done.... :-({|=

Do people wash cars?
I had no idea....
But then here's my jalopy.....

Desperate Dan the Landie.jpg

Attachments

• Desperate Dan the Landie.jpg
    Desperate Dan the Landie.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1,097
NikNak":2oq14csk said:
Maybe not an 'easy' way as you say.....

I love getting a great finish, and find the Detailing Clay a joy to use, followed by Autoglym.... 8)

However..... i saw this stuff advertised recently, and upon looking a little more closely i see there are literally dozens of this type of product out there and just wondered as to the overall quality of the stuff. Maybe not as a complete substitute but as a err 'quickie' every other wash..? :wink:

Nick

oh..... mines 5 1/2 years old and not suggesting its not been 'loved'...... just not had as many kisses as others may have done.... :-({|=

#-o My appologies, I assumed wrongly #-o

My argument is that anything which rubs against paintwork especially if dry is liable to produce minute scratches and of course the more it gets scratched the more scratches there are to hold dirt and the worse the paintwork gets. True of most things polished I guess.
If the car has a coat of wax it will protect a little but no substitute for rinsing off the dirt, washing properly and drying off IMO

My car gets washed at least twice a week, sometimes more and I do it properly. Rinse, snofoam (onc #-o a week) wash with decent shampoo then rinse and dry, doesnt take long.
It also gets waxed about once a month and clayed every year. My current car is an Audi A6 now 3 years old and like new.

I reap the benefit when I sell and always get way over top book so apart from my obsession of having a clean car, I gain financially.

cheers
Bob

I have used the waterless wax system for years, on my previous two cars, and present car from brand new, now nearly three years old, also the wife’s car.

My wife or myself can completely clean two cars to a showroom finish in less than an hour, no fine scratches, just a fine water, dirt repelling shine. Simple, if you get scratches you are not using the product correctly, but it is so easy to use, it would be difficult to get it wrong. :?

Just one point do not use on black plastic trim (ie bumpers etc). It will leave a slight white residue.

The wax I use is obtained from a TV shopping channel.

To add I am very fussy when it comes to car cleaning. Also converted my brother- in- law to this cleaning/waxing system and he is that obsessed with cars and there finish, there are no words to describe him. :roll:

Chris R.

PS. The main dealership I use, to purchase my cars from and carry out service, have commented on more than one occasion, regarding the immaculate condition I keep my cars in.

I have used the waterless cleaning products for a few years now but always jet wash and dry it first just in case there is any grit that may scratch, may sound a bit stupid but you do get a lovely long lasting shine. I used to have a static caravan and used it just as a waterless system on that and the results were brilliant.

Vic

all of the cars i have ever owned get a religious regime when it comes to washing.
they get a one time wash - just before they get sold.
cheers paul

Waterless or not and I remain unconvinced so will have to try it - on my van first though not the car :lol: the effort of keeping a car cleaned, polished and scratch free can pay dividends.

We're seriously considering changing my wifes 4 year old Mini cooper and completely independant of any discount off a new car, i.e. a straight trade sell, I've been offered £2k over top book and could get a lot more if I sell privately. There are other factors of course like low mileage but the paintwork makes it desirable.

So I'll continue cleaning and polishing :wink:

Silver cars are the best for not showing dirt - they just get darker! :)

Black cars are the worst to wash especially on a hot day.

Rod

Agreed Rod, really annoying on a hot day to think you've finished and then look back and see all the patches and streaks !!!

Rarely bother now, life's too short and too many more interesting things to be doing !

Cheers, Paul

Back