warning!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher

Established Member
Reaction score
i have just spent 3 hours re installing my mcafee because of a worm that came in from hotmail.
it deleted all my security and disabled my wireless conection but had to do a reinstall to get up and runing again.
visious blyter

woodbutcher

woodbutcher":4pqtdqv0 said:
i have just spent 3 hours re installing my mcafee because of a worm that came in from hotmail.
it deleted all my security and disabled my wireless conection but had to do a reinstall to get up and runing again.
visious blyter

woodbutcher

Hi

Might be worth posting the name of the worm if you noted it so we can all watch out for it.
Must be a recent one if Mcafee didn't block it.

Bob

hi sorry did not take the name where would i find this?

all i know is it caused a lot of aggro!

woodbutcher
aka (richard)

woodbutcher":1y4us90l said:
hi sorry did not take the name where would i find this?

all i know is it caused a lot of aggro!

woodbutcher
aka (richard)

Too late if you've formatted and re-instelled. Only reason I asked is that the usual checkers (I use Norton 360) put the latest advice and removal tools / instructions on their website so always worth a look.

I assume that you knew you'd picked up a worm because your system reported it (apart from the symptoms) and a bit of investigation reveals which one it is. Need a second computer usually tho!

regards

bob

hi lons

no i did not know that the system was infected, swimbo had been useing it and then turned it off, when i switched on later could not get a conection to broadband.

it told me that the driver for the wireless conection had been disabled after enableing it it then said i had no secuity, when i checked the icons were still on screen but the security program had been wiped.
so i did a quick reinstall of the security program and then did a system scan.
i contacted mcafee and they said that it was some thing new and they would look for a fix.

woodbutcher
(richard)

woodbutcher":1tlt924e said:
hi lons

no i did not know that the system was infected, swimbo had been useing it and then turned it off, when i switched on later could not get a conection to broadband.

it told me that the driver for the wireless conection had been disabled after enableing it it then said i had no secuity, when i checked the icons were still on screen but the security program had been wiped.
so i did a quick reinstall of the security program and then did a system scan.
i contacted mcafee and they said that it was some thing new and they would look for a fix.

woodbutcher
(richard)

Solution is very simple Richard.

Buy the wife her own computer and don't let her anywhere near yours :wink: :lol:

from my experience it works every time.

Bob

hi bob

she has a laptop whitch is faily new but she still uses my pc :(
maybe if i take the fuse out :p

woodbutcher
(richard)

woodbutcher":1fkbdax2 said:
hi bob

she has a laptop whitch is faily new but she still uses my pc :(
maybe if i take the fuse out :p

woodbutcher
(richard)

Wire it up to a car battery.

A little electric shock will soon disuade. (A hidden switch so only when she touches it) - Tell her it's static electricity :lol: :lol: :lol:

No really - put your foot down man - tell her who's boss (hope you're a fast runner) :lol: :lol:

Bob

Back