wanting to post pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefella83

Established Member
Reaction score
ive got myself a digital camera and would like to post some pics .
i am aware that i have to store the pictures on the internet to be able to post them here.
so can someone send me a link of a website that will allow me to do this please.
cheers

Have you read the sticky on posting pics in "general chat" ? - very useful!
I use photobucket (www.photobucket.com) - it's A)free :D and B)easy to use.
You need to have two browser windows open - one with the site you want to post pictures onto (i.e. this one :lol: ),the other with photobucket.
Select the picture you want to post - underneath the picture is an IMG tag - just right-click,copy,then paste directly into your post.(Making sure you have made your pictures "public" for viewing)
Obviously,there are other sites for hosting (imageshack,uploadit etc.),but have had no problems with photobucket.

Andrew

Before using photobucket as your host site, you have of course to prepare your photographs in an imaging software program.

Download pics from your camera to PC.
use your software to correct exposures etc.
Ensure your pic does not exceed 500 pixels on any side (use image resize option in your software)
then use Export (jpeg) in your software to compress the picture below 100kb.

Then send to photobucket and do as above.

Easy peasy :) :)

Or just upload it to Photobucket wich will automatically resize it to the max allowed for your type of membership (I pay for premium), then use photobuckets edit option to reduce the size.

Jason

Back