Wanted cheap small lathe to use for Knob turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not the knob by the way :roll: but want to have a go at making some turned knobs and dont have any space for a big lathe.

Anyone got anything I can buy for this purpose or suggest one I can keep an eye out for on the bay etc? Obviously dont want to spend much as I have not turned anything since I was about 15 and think I may be rubbish at it and give up :cry:

Advice greatfully received........

unless hes already sold it dannykaye has a fox midi which would be eminently suitable to your purpose - i think he wanted £125 ono

I have just put an order in for a bigger lathe, so I will be having one of these up for sale in 4 weeks or so. It is a great little lathe, I got it for just what you are looking for, to get into turning to see if I enjoyed it, I am now at the point where I am looking for something bigger.

frugal":3ju142a1 said:
I have just put an order in for a bigger lathe, so I will be having one of these up for sale in 4 weeks or so. It is a great little lathe, I got it for just what you are looking for, to get into turning to see if I enjoyed it, I am now at the point where I am looking for something bigger.

So , What did you order then :p

Cant just say " I ordered a new lathe " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :tool: :tool: :tool:

Frugal, send me a PM with a cost, but think distance to travel may be the problem? I had looked a the small Scheppach one but dont know enough about lathes to know if it would be suitable.

Cheers

Back