WANTED!!! ALL MAKITA 2012NB OWNERS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have read any of my previous posts you will be aware that I am looking to buy a new thicknesser. One contender on my list is the Makita and before I make that all important decision I would like the views of the people that use them.

Have you had any problems, is there anything you dont like about it, is the finnish good, would you buy another one etc...

Please let me have your views on this, I dont want to be disappointed!!

I've got the Makita and can't fault it. Does what it says on the box.

Dave

Well, after all the feedback I have received and the reviews I have read I have finally decided to go for the Makita, I've been assured that it will be here by the weekend.

I think I got a good deal by paying £305.50 inc vat & Del.

Thanks for everyones views.

Ill let you all know what I think to it after I've put it to the test.

The Makita is a cracking piece of kit,....

One of the first real investments in my new venture that i made... Very happy with the finish from it and the price you got was a super deal.

where did you get it for that price, the cheapest ive seen is 330 plus delivery,
did you get the dust collecting fitting with it?
how are you finding it to use?
cheers,
Dru

Dru, I searched the net high and low and like you the cheapest price I could find was around £330 but nobody seemed to have any stock. As I was half way through a job I either needed to find somebody with one at a reasonable price or choose something else so I rang Terratruck who are local to me and guess what? No, they didn’t have any either!! But they said they were expecting some in a couple of days so as not to sound uninterested I asked their price and was told £260 + VAT + DEL even though on their web site is states £286 + VAT!!. (yes I had to ask twice!!) With this information I rang Miles Tool and Machinery (as they do free delivery) and asked if they could match the price (even though they do not mention a price match guarantee!! Hey if you don’t ask you don’t get!!) And they said they could, so I ordered one and it was delivered the next day!! Bargain!!

Try it; you never know your luck!!

Yes, I got the dust collecting fitting with it but it is a funny size though 75mm

IN USE: Well I get a little bit of snipe which is a new experience for me as I never used to suffer from it with my Delta, it not really bad, just annoying more than anything.

The worst feature is the tables, a pain in the rear end to set up; they are not rigid and are pretty poor; in fact they are not even flat!! If only they had spent that extra few quid on some decent ones!!!

Finish is excellent, very good indeed and it is the quietest planer I have ever heard.

So overall it is a great little machine but I can only really compare it to my Delta and am not disappointed.

Back