Want to get some Chisels (Bevel Edged) for college....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You normally get what you pay for. The exception would be old chisels at a car boot sale. The would look rough, but with some aggressive cleaning they would give you a pleasant surprise.

What sort of joints? mortices normally need a mortice chisel.

Roy Clarke":10rva6y0 said:
You normally get what you pay for. The exception would be old chisels at a car boot sale. The would look rough, but with some aggressive cleaning they would give you a pleasant surprise.

What sort of joints? mortices normally need a mortice chisel.

That explains why i keep mucking up on my Mortices then.
Thanks a mill for that have to get a mrotice aswell then
The half lap ones and crossovers and aload others don`t know there names.
So those chisel should be ok, any ideas on mortices ones?And do ya know if i need any others for certain joints?

Thansk a mill

Carl

For bevel edge you can't go far wrong with a set of LIDL's cheapies - believe it or not they hold an edge better than the Screwed-Fixed cheapies. I use mine for site work where I'm less fussed if someone nicks a £7 set that if some of my old Stanleys were to go walkies. For mortices you can get old-style "pig stickers" pretty cheap so long as you don't mind a harlequin set - normally 1/4in, 3/8in, 1/2in and 5/8in will do the trick with door lock mortices perhaps needing a 3/4in in addition. Can be found for £4 to £8 a piece

Scrit

Back