Want to buy a book...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have some amazon vouchers to spend.

I want to buy a book about design/woodworking to inspire me for 2013.
Spent an hour looking last night. I have read krenov and Tage Frid, have books about scandinavian design..

Any suggestions or ideas? off the wall, whats inspired you..

I understand that there is a new reference book about painting and decorating called "50 shades of grey", Anyone read it?.
Even my wife seemed to enjoy it.

Davin

Use the vouchers to get the wife some dust sheets to go with her decorating book :) , in the mean while get out and about (if you can) and see some furniture in the flesh (so to speak) - I am a great one for reading but find looking up close gives much more motivation to make something.

FWIW

Recent reading material for me have been.

Workbench book by Schwarz.
Anarchists tool chest again by Schwarz.
Illustrated cabinetmaking by Hylton.

The only one that wanted me to make something was the workbench book, but its something thats been on the cards for a while anyways so more re-enforcement than motivation.

Again, fwiw.

davin":2t24wjsv said:
So I have some amazon vouchers to spend.

I want to buy a book about design/woodworking to inspire me for 2013.
Spent an hour looking last night. I have read krenov and Tage Frid, have books about scandinavian design..

Any suggestions or ideas? off the wall, whats inspired you..

I understand that there is a new reference book about painting and decorating called "50 shades of grey", Anyone read it?.
Even my wife seemed to enjoy it.

Davin

Someone bought my brother in law 50 sheds of grey for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifty-Sheds...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357404482&sr=1-1 :D

Mick

Back