Walnut Dowel Source

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy67

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a small amount of Walnut Doweling (to peg some M&T joints) and wondered whether anyone had a source they could suggest.
Many thanks

I was going to go down that road but not sure I really want to spend 40 quid on a dowel plate when I just need about 1 metre of doweling.

Steve,
Thats very kind of you but sadly I'm down in Kent near Tonbridge so not sure that works. I appreciate the kind off though.

If you don't need too much then just drilling a hole in a piece of thick steel will possibly good enough. Assuming you will sand the ends flush with the job the the none of the surface generated by the jig will be visible.

Otherwise turn some up in a lathe perhaps.

Lots of of ways to skin this cat without buying a fancy overpriced jig from LN

Meow!

Bob

Actually, if they are just for a few pegs, you could even chuck then in an electric drill and use a rasp. Crude, certainly, but it would do the job.
S

Drive off the shelf dowel just below the surface and then just finish with a short plug of walnut, will reduce the amount you need to make.

Or buy it here

Jason

Round over bit in a router,table mounted,a few passes you have a dowel....or get a knife and a piece of walnut and carve one
or go to the store and buy a piece.

Back