This car (2 ingredients)primer paint is great.
I use that in my lathe restoration project... But for coat i chose dark green hammer effect paint.
The coating and effect is great but paint easy chip of. Little hit ...
I'm using a Sundstrom mask with a filter suitable for paint use. You can join other filters on them so I use a P3 particle filter first to help reduce the load on the paint one.
Dominik I noticed that already when moving some parts ready for topcoat I knocked it and a chip flew off. I don't know if the 2 pack will help prevent this. I found when using enamel it would chip easily.
I got the parts back off Mr Doubleboost and am very pleased. He subbed the gibs to a pro shop and they are ground perfectly. You cant grumble at £2O each.
Wadkin always painted inside their enclosures
It took 4Omins to mask the letters and 4O secs to spray them
The flatbelts for these are silly money, so me being thrifty I had a wide conveyor belt made up then I just cut a 1.5" strip off for a new drive belt.
You do have to remember to install it when youre putting the spindle in.
What a nice job ur doing.......I did a few Ruston Hornsby Diesel engine's in my yuff........know the pain.....
but stunning when finished....to old now...want my fun working not fixing.....
my wife bought me my RS...it's still laying on the pallet......be a least a year before I get to fire it up.....
just gotta build the barn n get 3phase installed the away we go......got some 1/2 ton Olive wood blanks to whittle away.....
Its looking amazing Wallace, but I wouldn't expect any less. Only wish I had the time and energy to get mine sorted, I got it mostly paint stripped and functional then had to put it to work. They're a fantastic tool though
A few little job and then its done, the handle for the cross slide needed tarting up a bit.
Then I needed a pin to centre the tail stock, the only stuff I could find was an old stair rod
Took me a couple of attempts to get the taper correct, its only 1mm
In our town we have one of those hardware shops that reminds me of the two ronnies sketch, '4 candles', it has an owner in brown overcoat that finds your stuff. The town is dying but this place is still surviving. Anyway whilst he was getting my order I noticed some rolls of rope for wood burners I think. I thought it would be perfect for the electrical door gasket. £1.5O
I then had the bright idea to make something for the spindle locking pin to go
I was feeling pretty pleased with myself and stood back to look at my work, I then realised I'd messed up. This lathe didn't come with a banjo so I pinched the one off my lathe. Only problem is its a 1O" version.
Look how high the tool rest is
It took me a while to find the correct size, I had to buy another lathe.