Wadkin RS restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Geoff, some I keep some I sell. It helps pay for my addiction and stops me raiding the house keeping

It must be inspirational to be working with kit like that. Even really top end modern professional woodworking equipment comes nowhere close to the majesty of those vintage machines.

As always, congratulations on a superb restoration!

The finished lathe looks fantastic. I'm sure it has been a bit of a labour of love

Ian

Super job as always. I rub my nuts endlessly but they never end up as shiny as yours ;)

What make of VFD are you using?

Fitz.

GLORIOUS!!!! just utterly glorious.

you need to start a youtube channel doing this stuff, id watch the show.

It looks stunning Wallace, what a beast =D>
May it bring you much joy every time you use it.
Whats next?

Tom

Thanks Tom, this one will be finding a newhome, I already have an RS. Next is either a nice old LP recessor which I'm hoping to keep it in original paint and just strip clean and rebuild. Or it might be a PK dimension saw that a guy wants making pretty.

As always, an excellent job, many congrats ;-)

What I like more than anything else is the fact oif keeping this old gear alive and "earning it's living" - whether for yourself or to sell to others is for me immaterial

Great

AES

Thanks very much, this one has found a forever home at a cabinet makers in Aberdeen, so its going back to work after its little rest.

Back