wadkin ber2 spindle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fobco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi chaps,just got a wadkin ber2 moulder,it came with no spanner or front guard,the the guard i can make,unless some one has one they do not use,the main thing is the spanner,the nut is 1 7/8" across,so would that be a whitworth or what,any direction as to where to get one,thanks frank.

Ive got a BER 2 and it didnt come with a spanner I just use a large adjustable on it and it works fine. Mines got the original guard with it do you want me to take a pic of it?

cheers

jon

Frank,

I pick up such spanners when I need them from Auto Jumbles and Steam Rallies which are in season at the moment.
I take a nut (or a wooden replica) with me and even if I can't find one to fit exactly. I buy one a little smaller and give it the treatment with an angle grinder until it fits.

50p maybe £1 tops should provide you with what you need.

1-7/8 across the flats will possibly be 1-1/8 Whit; 1-1/4 BSF

Bob

hi bob,when i say across the flats thats from 1 side of the nut to the other,its massive,i did see one one ebay that was 46mm,£12 good idea about grinding down,cheers frank.

fobco":13mm7ksh said:
hi bob,when i say across the flats thats from 1 side of the nut to the other,its massive,i did see one one ebay that was 46mm,£12 good idea about grinding down,cheers frank.

I wonder where that ex-British RailWAYS one of that size has gone that I picked up from a boot sale for 10p a few years back????? :D

These are the guards that came with my spindle. The spindle is setup with a false bed at the moment for profiling on a window job. I was also a little rushed tonight taking the pics and couldnt find the front pressure shoe but its the same as the top one.

ber01.jpg

ber04.jpg

ber02.jpg

The guard that shields the cutter from the back is perspex or polycarbonate painted yellow

ber03.jpg

shaw guards on there own

ber05.jpg

cheers

Jon

Latest posts

Back