Voting in the Improvers' category is now complete

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please vote for the winner in the Improvers category

• Diderot - Tallboy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jorden - Pouffe

• Pekka Huhta - Bathroom Cabinet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Please cast your vote for the piece that appeals to you the most. You are invited to comment if you wish and comments will be appreciated. Your judgement is a matter of personal taste, the critical eye of the judges' panel will be aimed more at the technicalities of the entries although you are also free to consider these if you wish.

Diderot and Diderotagain

Jorden and Jorden again

Paul Chapman (Withdrawn)

OPJ (Withdrawn)

Pekka Huhta and Pekka Huhta again

Its between Diderot and Jorden here.

Jorden's piece although I can appreciate the workmanship is not really my cup of tea.

Diderot's tallboy, I almost like very much. I think the drawer fronts could have been more thought out, by matching the grain a bit better. I also think they would be better matching the colour of the carcase. However, Diderot, you get my vote.

These are three very nice and interesting pieces. However, I am finding it very difficult to decide which one to vote for.

Jorden's piece is very well made but, of the three, it's the one I like least in terms of style. It's neither modern nor old fashioned. Somewhere in between and I think that is what's putting me off this piece. However, it's very well made and I love the secret drawer - it's always nice to build in something interesting.

Diderot's tallboy is almost excellent, but a few small details spoil it for me. The grain pattern of the drawer fronts does not match at all well and as the drawers are such a prominent feature of the piece, I think that rather spoils the overall effect for me. This is a pity because it is a very well made piece.

Pekka's piece is really interesting. The finished piece looks very good. Not only that, but the way it was constructed demonstrated some excellent skills and some novel techniques.

For me the winner has to be Pekka for a combination of woodworking skills, excellent techniques and the look of the finished piece.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I now i'm no expert but wanted to add my opinion.

first of all Pekka Huhta, the design and finish is fantastic =D>

next Jorden, still starring trying to see the draw in pictures on 1 and 2 8-[

last Diderot, this one wins for me, loved the contrast of the details. I also like the fact the draw fronts don't match, sort of contrast (don't now if this is ment but still love it, if i'm wrong #-o )

so thats my uneducationed point of view

thanks for all the work something for me to look up to :wink: and to steal ideas from :lol:

*edited because i can't spell*

I managed to just about narrow it down to either Diderot or Jorden - JUST! - and in the end, my vote has gone to Diderot for his Tallboy piece. There's some excellent detail and use of grain in this piece and, like several other people, I think the dovetailed 'butterfly' keys are a very nice touch.

That's not to discredit Jorden in any way though. A very nice design finished to a very high standard - and no, that secret drawer wasn't quite where I first thought I saw it either! :wink: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back