Vintage J. Sutcliffe Circular Saw bench on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sion.dovey

Established Member
Reaction score
I came across this listing for a circular saw bench by what i think is quite a rare maker. It is a very nice ripping bench of considerable construction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CIRCULAR-...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c3715e80c

I know of only 2 other examples of machinery by J. Sutcliffe of Halifax, and i have no idea what happened to them as a company.

Hopefully of interest to someone, it deserves to be in somebodys workshop, if only to cut the odd bit but mostly there to oggle at over a cup of tea....

Please don't think I am being a killjoy.

I don't think we should post eBay listings before they end. I would not be too happy if I was bidding on an item and then it was further advertised on a forum like this and the price shot up.

Maybe it's just me.

Please don't take this the wrong way and I fully appreciate why this has been posted. It is very interesting.

Micki

I think niche stuff like this needs as much advertising as possible. How many people have heard of suttcliffe. How many people can accommodate something like this. I have a planer by suttcliffe, I think you've seen that Sion. I would love to have it but I've already got two sawbenches as garden ornaments.

I agree that if I was bidding on an item I wouldn't be happy if it had been shown on the forum, but in this case, when the 3/4 ton of rust has a starting price of £500 I don't think there will be too much interest.

Back