Scheppach plunge saw £108 brand new Ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
you gotta stop posting deals graham!! that first one you posted comes to £122.16 with postage,, a great price i thought but i already have a tracksaw

then ebay suggested this in the links it has below items...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scheppach-PL7 ... SwjVVV3zRs

with a 75mm depth of cut 2 x1400mm tracks and 2 clamps my bank account is now £155 lighter .. i couldn't resist !!!

Alexfn":18ajcjjp said:
you gotta stop posting deals graham!! that first one you posted comes to £122.16 with postage,, a great price i thought but i already have a tracksaw

with a 75mm depth of cut 2 x1400mm tracks and 2 clamps my bank account is now £155 lighter .. i couldn't resist !!!
Sorry Alex, I'll try and resist next time I see one ;-) That looks like an excellent deal with 2 tracks and all the gubbins.

I put tape across the open section of the blade to help with extraction and lengthened the lead as it comes with a very short one. I seem to remember shortening the return spring on the plunge mechanism too as it was a bit strong. Otherwise a superb tool. Mines had heavy use and still going strong.

Alexfn":31ya4i2w said:

Thank you posting, Im now also £155 lighter........ I'll post a review once I had a play, hopefully it will be good :D
This model with 2 rails is £369 at screwfix so itll be interesting to see what arrives!

I see on youtube there is somebody reviewing a similar model and suggest a few mods, one is to fit a weaker plunge spring and another to pull off the glide strips and fit them further apart for better stability.

RobinBHM":1fr0uuf1 said:
Alexfn":1fr0uuf1 said:

Thank you posting, Im now also £155 lighter........ I'll post a review once I had a play, hopefully it will be good :D
This model with 2 rails is £369 at screwfix so itll be interesting to see what arrives!

I see on youtube there is somebody reviewing a similar model and suggest a few mods, one is to fit a weaker plunge spring and another to pull off the glide strips and fit them further apart for better stability.

I shortened the spring on mine, see my previous post for other mods.

I've got the Makita version. Best thing i've bought for years, especially for kitchen fitting. Also enables you to cut sheets to more manageable sizes outside my workshop before using the tablesaw.

I bought the 75mm cut one with the two rails, Christmas and birthday present from the Boss.

I've been eyeing these up for a while because the other options are too expensive for me, so the price-drop sealed the deal for me. I've been getting decent results with a £50 circular saw and a home-made guide and I'm sure this will produce much better results.

mine arrived , first thing i did was test the ts 55 on the track.. doesn't fit :( track is too big..... then my lidl special from the deal they had a while back.. very close but just touches the aluminium,, disappointed..

this thing is massive!!! will only be breaking it out if i need to do some deep cuts.

Ha ha, just collected mine, it's a big big saw!

There's a few bits that could be a bit more refined, but it looks like it should cut pretty accurately. Instructions aren't very good, but it's fairly self explanatory.

Both of my tracks were damaged in transit, so I'll be needing some new ones posting out. A 70cm piece of track might be handy too.

Quick update, the seller sent out two new tracks immediately, so I now have two perfect ones, one usable one with damaged corners and one that has damaged corners and a bump in it that stops the saw sliding. When I get chance the damaged ones will be cut up into smaller tracks, so it's worked out pretty well!

I bought a scheppach '55 from ebay (German seller). Came 4 days later £120.

1) it has a euro plug
2) it came without rails (but with rail clamps and connectors)

I've now added a couple of 1.4m rails so total cost has been £220

I've not used it yet though as I need to change the plug or find an adapter (I'm sure I had one somewhere)

Back