video incra 1000HD mitre gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you have to do is slide the ali rail across the angle/rail holder. In the clip he says that it comes with both right and left tape measures to put on the ali rail {2:33 sec on the file}. If you look carefully you can see a threaded hole on the right of the rail to take the lock bolt for the extension rail and the extension has two bolt fixings so that it can be taken off and refitted to the right hand side. Might not make sense but if you pause run the clip you will see.

devonwoody":23e9dw8t said:
Found this one at Rutlands.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/machinery-&-a ... al-edition

However the information does not say it can be used either side of the blade, unlike the 2000 model which does express this option.

Does anyone know?

DW the one in the video clip which you can use on the left or right of the blade is an Incra 1000HD, but the one in the Rutlands link is an Incra 1000SE. Believe or not they also see a standard Incra 1000. The HD is their latest model.

The main difference between them is the HD has 181 positive stops and extendable fence, where the SE has a similar fence but only 41 stops, and lastly the 1000 has 41 stops but a non extendable fence.

Cheers

Mike

I need to measure them, but they're much smaller than is standard. I think the depth is about 6mm

wizer":360tetjd said:
I need to measure them, but they're much smaller than is standard. I think the depth is about 6mm

Bummer that is small. There was at least one member (Rinky Dinky) who had his slots recut to the standard 3/4" x 3/8" size, but he had a aluminium Scheppach table saw.

A big job, but I suppose it all depends on much you want a decent mitre gauge.

Cheers

Mike

Someone did do it to the Axminster TS200 last year but didn't reveal cost. I would consider it, but I'll try all other options first.

wizer":3v48fizu said:
Someone did do it to the Axminster TS200 last year but didn't reveal cost. I would consider it, but I'll try all other options first.

Yeah I would because unless its mates rates I cannot see it being cheap.

Cheers

Mike

I have the Axminster AW10BSB2 table saw & the Incra 1000hd mitre gauge.

Not had any problems, the mitre fitted slightly loosely in the "T" slot but using the two expansion points on the gauge it fits nice & snug.

It can be used either on the right or left of the saw blade very quickly & easily.

Hope this helps, I am very pleased with the Incra system.

I have the Axminster AW10BSB2 table saw & the Incra 1000hd mitre gauge.

Not had any problems, the mitre fitted slightly loosely in the "T" slot but using the two expansion points on the gauge it fits nice & snug.

It can be used either on the right or left of the saw blade very quickly & easily.

Hope this helps, I am very pleased with the Incra system.

Thanks all above for replies.

Dellpitch where did you get the HD model from?

I can only find Rutland for UK supply and they dont list the HD model.

It would be nice if Amazon uk got hold of this agency.

devonwoody":kmd8a4vg said:
Thanks all above for replies.

Dellpitch where did you get the HD model from?

I can only find Rutland for UK supply and they dont list the HD model.

It would be nice if Amazon uk got hold of this agency.

Hi DW,

You should be able to get them from here:

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/

(I've got all my Incra stuff through this company)

Cheers
David

I'll be interested to know the UK availability and price for one of these HD gauges when you hear back from the email as it is currently top of my shopping list when I go to Boston, USA in March for a business trip. I have 2 days to myself after the business trip before returning to the UK and planning them around shopping trips....

Sam

Devonwoody

Sorry for the delay in replying, like David E I also got mine from
Wood Workers Workshop.Very helpful & good service.

I think I paid approx £150/£200 for mine.

Woodworkers replied straight away.

SE£120
HD£145.

Tried googling USA suppliers (I know amazon usa did them but I could not get a listing)yesterday but google wouldnt play ball, is there a system on search thats perhaps knows what you are upto and makes things difficult?

A nice bit of kit, but I have heard people complain that the protractor unit is "only a bent piece of lasered steel" I love Incra stuff and would love an HD. but all my slots are different sizes!

Back