Vicious seagulls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnu

Established Member
Reaction score
What is it about seaguls these days that they need to put these signs up to warn people. This was in Looe, Cornwall. Is it the proliferation of fast food outlets or maybe a lot of their natural food sources have been taken away so they need to aggressively target tourists for their fish and chips and Cornish pasties.
seagullsign.jpg

I have been the victim of a seagull mugging in St Ives which, fortunately, was more amusing than frightening; other attacks I have witnessed have left their victims in near hysterics. My local council is able to keep the landfill site clear (of seagulls) with a man and a raptor, Leicester Square is kept clear (of pigeons) with a daily visit of a man and a raptor, is there any reason why a man and a raptor couldn't keep a coastal site clear?

Sea gulls are flying rats that have the ability to sh*t all over my car and boat, all sea gulls should be shot on sight.

PS I live near Looe, despite the signs old dears still feed the bloody things, perhaps they need to go to Specsavers :)

The gulls in Llandudno are right bar stewards. :twisted:

I used to go to northern Colorado several times a year, on business. On a rare occasion when I had a free week-end I drove into the mountains to see the scenery. After climbing to about 6000ft (which the car engine definitely didn't like), I had lunch in a little one-horse town called Walden

On the way out of town, I passed a common gull feeding on roadkill (it was chased away by an eagle of some sort).

I'm not sure how many thousand miles that is from the sea, but they're definitely no longer 'seabirds.'

How do you tell a 'local' in Burnham-on-sea High St.? They're the ones who duck and run when they come out of the chip shop.

E.

And god knows why the are protected, a 12 bore will sort them out, and they tend to stay away, but I wouldn't know anything about that officer

I don't think you'd get away with that at the beach though :lol:

I had seagulls nesting on the top of a bay window when I lived in Torquay it made using the front door scary when the adults were around :lol: if it was seagull poo you could be dive bombed. The noise in the morning was horrendous

Eric? Believe it or not what you saw was probably "prairie seagulls". Bucket loads of them in Alberta and Saskatchewan as far back as 30 years ago. Sam

sea cliff climbing a few years ago I disturbed a seagull nesting (?) scared the c**p out of me and I fell a fair way after it attacked, really bad cuts to my hands, it was going for my eyes and I defended myself so fell off...

My grandfather used to feed small fish stuffed with carbide to the seagulls at Birkenhead - it blows them up! Very cruel but effective.

Richard

Sea gulls are kindly gentle creatures. Compared with Terns!

Roy.

thomvic":3qbo4s3t said:
My grandfather used to feed small fish stuffed with carbide to the seagulls at Birkenhead - it blows them up! Very cruel but effective.

Richard

bread rolled up into a ball with alka seltzer in it has the same effect :lol:

Back