Veto Pro Pak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a similair bag for work - a Stanley FatMax. See this thread. They're about £40.

I've ditched some of the handtools in order to make room for more day to day tools (screwdrivers etc). You can fit a surprising amount in there.

Cheers

Karl

They look good, but I prefer a box personally. I used to use the Irwin 'tool caddy' type of bags years ago, but they ended up so heavy they were almost impossible pick up, let alone move through someone's house. Plus I also had the usual 'Stanley' boxes of screws, fixings etc...

I have a few McGuire Nicholas tool bags that I use for a for particular sets of tools - hinge router & jigs, belt sanders, grinders etc... - but everything else (especially hand tools - made my own inserts) is in a systainer stack on a rollboard, and I've found it's made a huge difference to how I work.

Part of that is just me and where I ply may trade - it's rare for me to be able to park in the same street as the job, let alone any closer - but it's certainly a more efficient way for me to work.

And whatever works for you has to be good, right??

Cheers, Pete

Simon, I got the XXL one from Rutlands a while ago, it wasn't cheap but IMO its worth every penny. The build quality is outstanding, mine gets some serious abuse and there's no sign of wear (2 years-ish I've had it). With the bag open I can see all my tools in one glance, no more hoking around in the bottom of a tool box...There's loads of seperate pockets etc... inside and with the material being so thick and hard wearing there's no chance of tools getting damaged by hitting together. If you're using it every day its a worthwhile investment. It is heavy loaded with tools, but there's a really good heavy duty shoulder strap that makes carrying it easy. I wouldn't be without mine now...haven't seen any of the other sizes, but if the build quality is the same I'm sure they're as good. The thing I like about it is it sits open in the workshop under the workbench with everything withing easy reach...then when I'm working on site it just gets zipped up and thrown in the back of the truck. HTH :D

Another vote for the Fat Max.

Excellent for kitchen fitting & all the screwdrivers,hex drivers spanners, grips, wrenches & other paraphernalia.

Thanks Waka, Rutlands sell them too but I'm off to New York next month so I think it might make good hand luggage! In the states they are dollars for pounds so a big saving to be had.

I am hoping that one of these might last more than 6 months unlike all the other stuff I've owned :shock:

I use the similar Dewalt bags I just got another one free with some boots from Screwfix. They are handy but as usual at the end of a long day I end up just chucking it all in the bag quickly so it doesnt stay tidy long :lol:

Back