Honda CRV 2019 1.5 Vtec turbo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieRaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All

The wife and I have been looking at getting her out of her 2003 Jazz and into something more current. Having looked around at the likes of Ford, seat, Skoda we seem to have settled on the above car. Doing some research I noticed a couple of safety recalls one on the air bag and the other and more concerning the oil pump where there is a problem with the impeller. I also read the article below re complaints and it kinda of put me off a little bit.

My question is, does anyone happen to have a 2019 or there about CRV? If so where you effected by recalls? Did you have any issues after them being fixed?

To all - should i worry about this article or recalls? I’m based in the UK

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/arti...collision-avoidance-system-and-airbag-recalls
Thanks
Raf

My wife drives a 2015 crv diesel. Its our second crv. In a total of 16 years ownership we have had 2 recalls, 1 replacement part under warranty (squeaky clutch cylinder), 1 new lambda sensor and thats it other than consumables. She does very little mileage, but we have found both crv’s to be bullet proof.
In terms of service from Honda. I always preferred locally owned honda dealerships and never had any bother. Most are now group owned , and customer service has gone a bit south.
Also Honda repair prices have gone crazy. The O2 sensor above , honda wanted £525 for the part (generic bosch) and not much change from £300 for fitting it. A friend who is a mechanic, got the part for £90 (and it was identical to the one removed). Fitted it for £30, took him less than an hour.
Not specifically answering your question, but more an outline of the relatively pain free experience of crv ownership. Oh and they are unbelievably good in snow :)

one of the last good makes.........wouldn't buy anything from europe.....
skoda being the exception.......
were looking for a decent Toyot D Yaris......oh, for them the bad years were between 2006-2008.....
but in the UK they'd be rotted out by now.....
.ps found this the other day, quite a few still around woking....my wife wont let me have another old'un.....
1967 Mazda B series......€3000.....running and legal.......
326669413_0_b.jpg

Thanks so much all. I decided against the 2019 car and will probably go for a 2015/2016 model. If anyone out there has either a crv/yeti/something of that size to sell DM me

Hey All

The wife and I have been looking at getting her out of her 2003 Jazz and into something more current. Having looked around at the likes of Ford, seat, Skoda we seem to have settled on the above car. Doing some research I noticed a couple of safety recalls one on the air bag and the other and more concerning the oil pump where there is a problem with the impeller. I also read the article below re complaints and it kinda of put me off a little bit.

My question is, does anyone happen to have a 2019 or there about CRV? If so where you effected by recalls? Did you have any issues after them being fixed?

To all - should i worry about this article or recalls? I’m based in the UK

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/arti...collision-avoidance-system-and-airbag-recalls
Thanks
Raf
Probably a bit late - but we're on our 3rd CR-V and couldn't be happier. The first 2 were diesels (2008 and 2012) and the latest is a 2019 hybrid. We've never had a problem. We've had one recall (airbag).

Also it's important to note that the website you linked is in the USA, and their cars have very different configurations from UK ones.

The wife and I have been looking at getting her out of her 2003 Jazz and into something more current.
If it is not broke then why ? What can something "more current" do that the 2003 Jazz cannot. The Jazz seems to always get high scores for reliability and Honda have a history of good engineering. I have a 2005 2.2 CRV diesel and it is a mk2 that I chose over a later Mk4 at almost the same cost because it is more basic and I know will cost less to run. We also replaced a Skoda 4x4 Yeti with a jazz because the Yeti was just to much trouble, the dealer took the yeti back because all the basic mechanical issues were resolved but the issues with the electronics just could not be resolved and have still not been resolved eight months later even though the dealer has had numerous people try and fix it. My current thoughts on vehicles is to accept paying higher road tax for a less complicated dirty diesel than get a newer vehicle at lower road tax but with all the complications, you actually save very little if it goes wrong because the repair bills outweigh the road tax savings.

Anyone noticed the engine size for newer model Octavia/Superb cars? A ridiculous 999cc or 1500! Stupidly high compression as well.
For the size of these cars those engines surely can't last for 200k miles or even 100k?

@Spectric thank you. That’s the plan old and low mileage. And thanks for the advise on the yeti I’ll avoid.

I’m also looking at VW touran. There seems to be a lot of them around imported from Japan. Does anyone age any experience with import cars? Insurance, parts? Etc

@Spectric thank you. That’s the plan old and low mileage. And thanks for the advise on the yeti I’ll avoid.

I’m also looking at VW touran. There seems to be a lot of them around imported from Japan. Does anyone age any experience with import cars? Insurance, parts? Etc
Funny that on another forum (cycling) the guys love yeti!?

I haven't seen many imported tourans. 2.0 will be a more refined car than 1.9tdi but more complicated. Parts should be the same but the reg may not be on parts computers.

Back